Chapter 37

Y/N'S POV:

I have absolutely no clue how we get through with sneaking out the camo almost everyday but we always enjoy our time once we're out. We all met in the lobby and took an uber to get to McDonald's since the teachers would recognize that my car would be gone.

On our way to the town where the McDonald's is, Vinnie and I sat next to each other I felt comfortable around him. I don't feel as anxious as before because I was hiding my feelings from him and myself this whole time.

We made it to the restaurant which was surrounded by many other facilities such as an outdoor mall and movie theater and we got inside and ordered. Vinnie and I looked for a seat and stopped at a booth near a window while the others ordered the food.

Usually the guys would always order the food but I'm sure I know what they were trying to do today, because the guys would always pass Vinnie smirks.

Vinnie and I settled in the booth while talking until the food was here and I would occasionally flicker my eyes from Vinnie to the window because it was nice to be in the town especially at night with all the neon signs.

"Look! There's a bowling alley, we should totally go afterwards" I suggested and Vinnie looked over to see where I was pointing at.

"We should really head back to the camp ea-..." He started but I stopped him.

"C'mon we won't be long. Just 30 minutes then we would leave" I begged and he huffed giving in.

"Y/n being risky? That's new" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Screw you Vincent" I teased him with his real name which he hates dearly.

"I'm sure you'd love to princess" He winked and I felt my stomach tie into a knot and my face heat up.

"This is why I hate you" I said covering my face with my palms.

"That's not what you said earlier when you were k-..." I said immediately covering his mouth.

"Stop!" I said feeling embarrassed and the rest of the group came back at the perfect time.

"Y/n you're red by the way" Troy said while settling into the booth and a grin creeped up on Vinnie's face. Why me universe? Why me!

"Wow, thank you for the notice Troy" I said nonchalantly. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Just doing my job" He said with a laugh.

-

Moments later, I was good enough to convinced the group into going to the bowling alley across the street. As we walked in, you could notice a small bar and cafeteria to your side and obviously the bowling alley at the back. We all paid and got the bowling shoes from the front desk as we made our way to the lane.

Vinnie and I went up first while doing a couple of rounds. Let's just say Vinnie scored a couple more strikes than me...
But that's unfair considering he's used to physical activities, I was never good at P.E.

"Whag does it feel like to be a loser?" Vinnie asked while holding a pretend microphone up to my face but I slapped his hand away as we walked over to the  seats by our lane to take off out shoes.

"Man someone's grumpy that they didn't win" Vinnie smirked.

"You love teasing me dont you?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Not in the ways you would expect..." His smirk grew wider and it took me a couple of seconds to understand but when I did my mouth dropped open.

"You're disgusting" I nudged his shoulder and he laughed.

Finally changing back into my regular shoes, I looked around while taking in my surroundings. Until I saw a familiar head of dirty brown hair at the bar. Brayden.

I took a look at his attire but he just wore a plain black hoodie and jeans with his wallet in hand as he was about to pay for whatever he ordered. I took a glance at his wallet and it looked oddly familiar. A little to familiar. Then all my senses knocked into my head.

It was the wallet from the lake.

Everything all suddenly made sense. When we now entered the lake we found a wallet but as we were leaving it was suddenly gone. That was unless-......fuck. What if he came back for it and spotted Vinnie and I when he took it and we just didn't see him.

WHAT IF HE SAW VINNIE AND I.....YOU KNOW.....
God, please let the ground swallow me whole.

"Um...I'll be back. I'm going to the bar to get a drink" I lied to Vinnie and he nodded but I should at least get a water or something.

I walked up to the bar and took a seat on one of the stool next to Brayden.

"Oh hi" I said shyly pretending that I randomly stumbled upon Brayden being here.

"Hey! Sneaking out again huh?" He questioned with a laugh and I did the same.

"Yeah, we just came for McDonald's but ended up here after" I chuckled and the bartender turned to me.

"Uh a water please" I asked the bartender and he nodded.

"Being a little cheeky doesn't hurt anyone" Brayden replied and I smiled.

"So what brought you here?" I asked Brayden and he placed his wallet in his back pocket.

"I'm just here with one of my friends from school, he's over there at our lane" He gestured his hand to lane number 5.

"You seemed busy today so I thought I might as well leave the camp and have some fun." He continued and I furrowed my eyebrows. Busy?

I felt stupid. My eyes shut open and I remembered I had to hang out with Brayden today. I was so caught up with Vinnie I forgot.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I feel so stupid. We could-..." I was about to apologize some more but he chuckled and cut me off.

"No you're good, I saw you and Vinnie at the lake todag and you guys looked like you were having a lot of fun. I get it." He smiled but I still felt guilty.

"Maybe we can hang out another time to make up for it. I think we're going to the movies on Saturday, you should come with us." I suggested while looking over at my friends and he took a sip of his drink.

"Uh yeah....I'll see if I'm busy or not" He grinned and I smiled feeling a bit better.

"I'll take your offer into consideration, but I need to head back to my friend." He said placing his tip for the bartender on the counter. We both exchanged goodbyes and I got my water, walking back to Vinnie.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
LOVE YOU GUYSSS!!

I hope y'all get rich😒

DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!!