Chapter 2

Y/N'S POV

~Moving Day~

Today is the day we finally move to Seattle. I was really excited to have a new beginning of life and meet new people and might even become friends with them.

"HURRY UP KIDS, THE MOVING TRUCK IS HERE." My mom yelled and I quickly picked up my stuff.

"IM ALMOST DONE MOM." I responded placing the last thing in my box which was my favorite gold necklace that I got from my mom when I was little. I loved it with all my heart.

"COME ON Y/N WHERE ARE YOU" My mom shouted again.

"Oh um....IM COMMING" I shouted again quickly closing the box and bringing it downstairs along with my bag. We put all the boxes in the truck then I got into my mom's car.

"What took you so damn long" Jesse said.

"Watch your language Jesse" My mom turned back her head to look at him and he put his hand up in defense.

"Hey I was just finishing up" I admitted.

Instead of taking a plane, my mom decided to move roadtrip style, so we had a 10 hour drive (idk how long it takes) ahead if us. My mom and I would switch driving so both of us can get a chance to sleep, so she will drive for 5 hours and so will I.

The first couple of hours Jesse played video games on his phone while I listened to music. After 5 hours of the drive we stopped at a gas station to get snacks to eat and use the bathroom. I got Hot Cheetos, a blue Gatorade, Sour Patch Kids and a KitKat. We sat in the car and ate then we headed off and it was my turn to drive.

I recently got my license which meant I could drive without an adult but it was good to have my mom there. I peeped through the back view mirror to see Jesse sleeping with his mouth open with drool coming out from it.

"Ew." I said quietly. Then we continued our drive till we at Seattle.

~At Washington~

We finally made it to Washington, at this point I was totally drained and tired. My mom directed me to our new house. I pulled up in front of this beautiful, large, modern house. It was a white, two story house with a medium sized front yard.

"Wow" Jesse said quietly with a wide mouth.

"I know right." I agreed with him as we pulled into the garage.

"Well after months of saving I managed to get this house I knew we were going to be moving" My mom said getting out if the car and making her way to the trunk. Jesse and I came out of the car walking to the front door. We got into the house and I emptied our all of the kitchen ware.

"WOAH THERE'S A HUGE BACKYARD AND A POOL" Jesse said loudly as he walked to the back of the house.

"A pool? I gotta see this."

I got to the back to see a huge pool with a small jacuzzi at the side. We didnt have a pool in our old house so this was amusing for us not gonna lie. I got upstairs and Jesse and I chose our room. We both had our own closet and bathroom which is good because I HATED sharing a bathroom with him before.

We unpacked our thing is I decided to decorate my room now so I can feel at home. We did arrive early and I had enough time to decorate, it was now 11:47a.m. I took my time to really perfect my room and It took about 3 hours.

"Anndddd.....DONE" i said placing the last picture on my wall. I checked the time on my phone and saw it was 3:p.m. and I was STARVING so I went downstairs to have lunch, my mom made us grill cheese.

"Are you done unpacking?" My mon asked.

"Yep, and I decorated my room too" I said walking over to the fridge.

"Ok good, I want you to drop this off at out neighbor's house." She said handing me a fruit basket.

"Why me, why cant you ask Jesse" I huffed feeling tired as ever.

"Cuz I already have to take Jesse to practice his driving skills since he's been begging me." She said and I sighed.

"Ugh fine I'll go later"  I said.

"Nope, your gonna go right after you eat" She reasoned with me.

"Really?" I whined.

"Yes really" She responded.

I finished eating and I went upstairs to get dressed. I got upstairs and looked in the mirror and thought that I could go just like this. I wore grey sweatpants and a cropped red tank top, our neighbors were probably an old couple anyway, they wouldn't care what I wear.

I got my shoes and slipped them on, then I grabbed the fruit basket and walked out my house to go next door. I got to their house to see their garage door open, I saw skateboards and a gym set but I thought they probably used those when they were younger since skating was a big thing back then.

I knocked on the door and waited a while for them to open it. It took a while but the door was then opened to reveal a dirty blonde haired boy and who was shirtless and drowned in sweat.

Well I guess my neighbors weren't an old couple after all...

He stood their watching me from head to toe. Not gonna lie he was very attractive. Y/n shut up you cant say that, you just saw him today and he's your neighbor. But then I realized what I had on...

Oh gosh...

"Can I help you?" The mystery person said trying go catch their breath but also sounding annoyed by my presence.

"Oh u- uh, yeah. I came to give you this." I said hesitantly.

"Hold on, let me call my mom" He said walking into his house.

He called his mom and walked back upstairs to whatever he was doing. Then a sweet lady came down and shook my hand.

"I'm so sorry for my son Vinnie, he doesn't have  that much manners." The sweet woman said.

(a/n: which obviously he isnt like that, he's so kind and he's such a mamas boy)

Oh so his name is Vinnie, I thought.

"But thank you so much for the fruit basket, and welcome to our neighborhood. We are glad to have you here" She said with a warming smile and I nodded.

"Thank you so much, my mom wasnt able to meet you right now cuz shes teaching my younger brother to drive" I admitted.

"No it's totally fine, but I hope to see her soon. So have you signed up for school so far?" She asked.

"Oh yes, I'm going to Ridgewood Valley High, I start on Monday" I told ger

"That's the school that Vinnie attends, maybe he can help you around school" She suggested and I thought about it.

"Um sure, that would be nice." I responded realizing I'm gonna have to see him everyday in school.

"Ok I will tell him." She smiled.

"I think I should probably go now, since we have more to unpack. But it was nice meeting you and your son" I said not wanting to be here any longer.

"You too, by the way honey, you can call me Maria" She said.

"Ok I will, bye." I said lastly.

"Bye."

I walked back to my house and closed the door then ran upstairs to my room.
Today was Saturday and I started school Monday, but I couldn't stop thinking about Vinnie, especially since he might help me on school on Monday.

But I wondered why his mom said he had no manners?

Author's note:
This chapter is really long.
But hope you liked it.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!!

And check out my other books