Chapter 18

Marshall POV
So far no one notice a thing and Ryder have finally made it and sat in his chair next to Robo Dog. He look sleepy as the rest of the pups do too and he didn't have any suspicious about the dummy.

Ryder: "Is that everything right pups?"

Chase: "Y-Yeah that's everything Ryder we can g-go now"

Ryder: "Ok Robo Dog let's go back to Adventure Bay"

Robo Dog bark cheerfully and started the car, we then heading home. I've never felt so broken in my life. I look around to see the pups all sleeping then I look to my right and see the dummy we made. I could really see Rubble in there sleeping peacefully. I wish things didn't have to go this way. I hold in my tears and strong as I could. I didn't want anyone noticing. I then look at Chase who was starring nothing but the ground. His face shows nothing like a statue was in the car.

Time flew by and we have finally arrive at the look. It was mid day but as the Mayor told us we can rest and help tomorrow. Of course every pup wanted to sleep even Ryder.

Ryder: "Ok pups today is the day we can rest up but tomorrow we have to see what the Mayor need help with"

Each pup nodded still very sleepy

Chase: "I'll set up your pups houses pups"

Marshall: "And I'll put away our things"

Skye: "Wow you guys have been so helpful thank you"

Everest: "Yeah thank you (yawn) I'm really tired"

Zuma: "I just want to sleep right now"

Rocky: "Feels like I'm gonna past out"

Chase then went in the paw patroller and drove each pups house and put them in their spots. Then the pups thanks him and went to bed, Everest bunk with Skye. I then unload the things inside the paw patroller. Ryder patted us on the head and said we can go sleep. He then went in the lookout and up the elevator to go sleep. Me and Chase look at each other then around to make sure everyone asleep and we sneak ourselves in the lookout.

I then grab my EMT gear and put it on, I did a check up on Chase first. I check his temperature his arm and legs, I even give him an X-ray scan. But there was nothing wrong with him. I check his blood with a shot and see nothing wrong not a thing.

Chase: "So you figure out what's wrong us do we have a disease?"

Marshall: "No nothing is wrong I've check everything from our bones to our blood there's nothing"

Chase: "Oh man we came all this way to find nothing"

Marshall: "What if it's not something my EMT can find out because it's something else"

Chase: "What do you mean Marshall?"

I took my gear off and put it away then I walk in front of Chase.

Marshall: "Think about it what if we're becoming super natural"

Chase: "I don't follow why does super natural have to do with this?"

Marshall: "Think we got bitten by those creatures maybe they did something to us and we have strange abilities"

Chase: "What are they though?"

Marshall: "Do you think it's the wolves like in Everest story"

Chase: "I thought they were myth creatures those things shouldn't exist"

Marshall: "Well maybe they are real and they must have bite us and we are gonna turn to wolves"

Chase: "I thought they were supposed to be friendly like Everest said why did they attack us"

Marshall: "I don't know Chase but all I do know is that we are dangerous we should leave now or we'll hurt everyone here"

Chase: "Yeah your right.......we.......should.......leave"

Suddenly Chase knock out on the floor then I started to get sleepy. I tried my best to stay up but couldn't I fell next to him. My eyes started to close. I can't sleep now we have to run before the pups notice get up get up. I struggle getting up but I have no energy left. I then close my eyes fully knocking out like a light.

"You must control it"

I heard a voice speak I didn't recognize the voice. I didn't know who it was, it sounded male a grown up too. I look around to see nothing but darkness around me.

"You must learn to control it or your friends will be in danger"

Marshall: "Danger from what who show yourself"

"When the time is right you will know everything"

Marshall: "Who are you?"

There was silence for a few seconds then in a quick flash everywhere started turning red. I thought it was blood but it was just a color. Then as the color red grew stronger and bright I woke in my pup house. My head hurts a bit but I got up and out of my pup house. It feels like a day has past.

Was it all a dream is Rubble still here, I didn't waste time and go to Rubble pup house. That's when I see Chase standing in front of Rubble's door. I walk to him and see he's face with a sad look. He open the door and we saw nothing just his dummy. I let out a little whimper and so did Chase.

Marshall: "I woke up in my pup house hoping this was a dream"

Chase: "Me too but it's not he's still gone"

Marshall: "What happen I remember passing out in the look out"

Chase: "Same I thought you carry me to my pup house"

Marshall: "No I was suddenly in my pup house and I also had a dream someone was talking to me"

Chase: "Same here"

We heard footsteps coming to us which frightened us a bit but it's turns out to be Ryder.

Ryder: "Oh you two are awake great we'll have breakfast later or should I say lunch"

Marshall: "Um R-Ryder what happened?"

Ryder: "Oh the Mayor needs our help remember she told me to bring you and Chase"

Chase: "Ok but what happen yesterday to us we can't remember"

Ryder: "Mmm I don't know why but I found you two sleeping on the ground in the lookout so I put you two back in your pup house"

Marshall: " Oh uh (lied) we were thirsty so we grab a drink"

Chase: "But we were also very tired and pass out"

Ryder: "Oh probably because you two work hard I'm proud of you guys, but I hope you still have energy to help the Mayor"

Chase: "O-Of course Ryder let us get in gear"

Ryder: "Ok don't wake the others since it just us three that the mayor needed for now"

Marshall: "Ok Ryder"

Ryder then left to get ready and in his vehicle while me and Chase went inside and got into our gear. While we are walking back outside to our pups I had a weird feeling.

Marshall: "Something isn't right Chase"

Chase: "What is it Marshall?"

Marshall: "I got a feeling that something is going to happen and it's not good"

Chase: "Maybe your just hunger"

Marshall: "Maybe it's just doesn't feel right"

Chase: "Marshall I know your have weird feelings right now but we got to focus when a plan to run away, if we run now Ryder will send everyone after us"

Marshall: "I know I know let's get this over with and see what the Mayor needs"

We bark our pup houses into our vehicles and hop in. We drove and see Ryder ready to go we then drove to town hall and saw Mayor Goodway.