🦋6. Well Hello Elijah🦋

{Re~edited 8/21/21}

I parked my car in an underground parking lot below Slater's apartment. We go up the staircase to the apartment. I bang my fist on the door while Elena stands nearby. " Slater? Slater, it's Annabella. Open up!"  After a brief moment, I look over at Elena. " He's not home. Sorry."

"Mm-mm. No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing. " she said, I sighed and push the doors open using my vampire strength. Elena looks inside the apartment and I  gestured  into the room.

"After you." I smiled and told her, Elena walked into the apartment and I followed behind her. I wander farther into the apartment than Elena does, looking for Slater. "Slater?"  I called him again no response. As I move towards the back of the apartment, I look through a doorway and my  face falls in shock. "I don't think he's gonna be much help." I mumbled and Elena rushes over to where I'm standing and gasps at the sight of Slater's dead body. I  walk over to Slater's body and drag it away. Elena, regaining her composure, walks over to Slater's computer desk and picks up a bunch of papers.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information." Elena informed me and I walked up behind her and watch as she shuffles through the papers.

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us. The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." I said as Elena shuffles through a few more papers before picking up a framed photo. I walk over to a set of windows and pulls back the curtains making Elena jump.

"What are you..." she was about to speak but I stopped her.

"This place is dead just like him it needs some natural light." I said and look out the window. "I used to just come here and watch the day. Whenever my brothers pissed me off I always loved the view." as I spoke Elena looks down at the framed photo which contains a picture of Slater and a girl. She looks back up at Me.

"I'm sorry about Slater." she muttered.

"It's fine Elena everyone has to die at some point supernatural or not, Any luck?" I said As Elena places the photo back on the desk and attempts to log into one of the computers.

"Um...It's password protected. I can't get in." She said annoyed with the computer.

"Let's just go It probably means give up now." as I head for the door we suddenly hear a doorknob rattling from inside the apartment. "Stay here." I told her. I walk past Elena and open a set of doors. I peer into the small hallway and see a girl hiding behind a corner. "Alice?"

"Oh, my god, Annabella!" she cries out heavily and rushes towards me and embraces me. "He's dead!" I rub her hand comfortingly as she tries to regain her composure. I  get up and walk into another room where Elena is pouring hot water into teacups. I sit down next to Elena.

"She found him a few minutes before we did." I whispered.

"How is she?" she asked.

"Overreacting. Big time." I said rolling my eyes .

"Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting." She said with a scoff.

"Those tears are for her. She didn't care about Slater." I said disgusted. Elena looks at me , curiously. " She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her." Elena turns around and looks at Alice. Grabbing the cup of tea, Elena walks out of the room towards Alice and hands her the cup.

"Thank you." Alice said She takes the cup of tea as Elena sits down next to her. Alice looks at Elena with an air of familiarity. "You look really familiar. Did you know Slater?"