🦋30. I'm going home🦋

{Re~edited 8/25/21}

I paced back and forth and my brother was sweating and breathing all hard. We was still in the gym, there's only sixteen seconds left on the clock. I watched Elena's every move. My brother was right, all I could hear was the sound of her heart beating in her chest.

My brother noticed it but he didn't care, he was to busy worrying about not hurting her, but I'm telling you I will if he don't. "Elena, you're going to have run." He said placing his hands on his knees.

"But Klaus said that if I run..." She said worriedly.

"I know what he said, but if you stay, it won't matter. Elena, please, please. There's no other way." He said trying to convince her.

"Or just walk maybe even speed walk." I said as I rolled my eyes. Seriously am I the only one with common sense.

But of course she ignores me. "There is another way, Stefan. It's for you to fight." The buzzer goes off. "Stefan...I love you. Fight, Stefan. Don't give up."

"I can't hold it."He vamps out and rushes at Elena and she screams, but he rushes past her to the opposite wall. "Elena, run! Go!" He yelled as she Ran through the school, going from one hallway to the next. "Anna I know you don't like her, but please..... for me."

I rolled my eyes. "You owe me." I ran after her to try and keep her out of my brothers reach. He holds on to everything he can so he doesn't have to hurt her, but he starts rushing out of the gym and crashing from side to side through the hallways. I bring Elena to the cafeteria and closes all the doors. We watched all them all and before we could run again we bump into Klaus.

"Fantastic." I mumbled while rolling my eyes.

"We've got to stop meeting like this." He then looked at me. "How many more times do I have to apologize."

I walked closer to him and touched his face. "Go to hell." He grabbed my wrist and pushes me against the wall, before he could do anything else Stefan rushed in the cafeteria, he takes a broom and breaks it on his knee. He drops the brush end and holds the remaining makeshift stake in front of him, and stabs himself in the stomach with it. I push Klaus off of me and run over to my brother. "You bloody idiot."

"Now this is fascinating. I've never seen this before. The only thing stronger than your craving for blood is your love for this one girl. Why don't you turn it off?" He asked while moving towards us.

"No!" I yelled at him. "You're digging yourself a deeper hole Klaus."

He sits on a nearby table. "Come on. His humanity is killing him. All the guilt must be exhausting. Come on Stefan. Turn it off."

"No!" My brother yelled as he grunted in pain. I tried to remove the stake but he smacked my hand away and I smacked him back.

"Stefan..." Elena mumbled. She was crying. Of course she was, I'm his sister and I'm not even crying.

"You're strong." Klaus pulls the stake out of Stefan's body. "But you're not that strong. Turn. It. Off."

"No!" He pushes Klaus away. But Klaus pushes me out the way then pushes him against the wall and compels him.

"TURN IT OFF!" He yelled, I gasped and while slowly shaking my head no. My brother face changed. I could literally see the light inside of him drifting into the dark.