🦋44. He's dead🦋

{Re~edited 8/28/21}

I'm empty, alone, afraid, and most importantly heartbroken. I called Rebekah and Elijah after I pulled myself together. I put up a fight when Stefan and Damon came for his body. They told me they just wanted to keep his body safe and away from Alaric so I allowed them.

I laid in bed crying my eyes out when Elijah finally showed up and I cried in his arms for a while. After I pulled myself together again, we went over to the Gilbert house so Elijah could try and smooth things over.

Stefan and Matt look towards the front door. The door was wide open, and Elijah and I was standing in front of Elena. It took everything in me not to just kill the doppelbitch, but right now all I want is Niks body so we can ditch this town and go on the run together.

"Elijah, Gabriella.." Stefan said looking at us in shock.

"Hello again." Elijah said and all I could do is glare at the the youngest Salvatore. If looks could kill he would definitely be dead. Elena invited us in and Elijah and I follows Matt, Stefan, and Elena to the kitchen. "All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth and Alaric will follow us." Elijah said as I sit next to him.

"And you'll just run?" Stefan says as he sits next to Elena.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life?" Elijah said as he place his hand on my thigh and rubs it.

"We've finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." Elena said and my eyes flash yellow.

"IF YOU ALL WOULD HAVE JUST LEFT US ALONE WE WOULDN'T EVEN STILL BE HERE!!" I yelled and Elijah grabs my arms and faces me towards him.

"Calm down, it's okay Gabriella." I lay my head on his shoulder leaving Elena scared and moving away from me. "Look I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps that will finally teach him some manners." I quickly look up at him in shock.

"No! Elijah, No I'll be dead and gone by then. I'm wolf now remember my aging is back to normal." I said tears starting to leave my eyes. "Don't do this to me I need him."

"You'll have me." He said kissing my forehead and I move away from him.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over." Matt said.

"And for that, I am deeply ashamed. But know this, she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight, so Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not." I put my head down on the kitchen isle when suddenly, Damon responds on the phone.

"Not! Hello? Did that concussion give you brain damage?! His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get! And so will Gabriella!" Damon said pissing me off even more.

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm. And I can control Gabriella." I scoff and roll my eyes still having my head down. Elena looks at Stefan.

"Do we have a deal?" Elijah ask.

"No! No, no, no, no! Did I mention no?" Damon yelled on the phone.

"Elena, it's up to you." Stefan said looking at Elena paying Damon no mind.

"Oh, come on!" Damon complained.