CHAPTER-41

*********************

"My worst fear is losing you."

- RANVEER

    **********************

RANVEER POV

"Where is she now?" I asked getting restless as Ishika is not picking up my calls. I have tried her nth time, but every time I got no response.

"She is inside her office now." Jack, her personal bodyguard replied from other line, who I have assigned for her without her knowledge. After all she is not safe. Her safety is my top most priority.

"What is she doing now? Why isn't she picking my call?" I muttered getting irritating with every passing second. I know he doesn't know what she is doing inside, as I have asked him to look at her from afar, so that she can't get suspicious; but still I asked.

Currently, I am in Dubai to meet the potential investors. I came here like four days back, I was not interested in coming here and even asked Gautam to go but he is busy in wooing someone, so I being the best brother have to come here.

What about your love life? My subconscious mocked.

What about it? I replied, not getting the true meaning.

You also have a wife, whom you love! Did you forget her?? My subconscious growled.

Huh? How? Why will I forget her? I asked.

Just get lost you idiot. I said and shut him.

I don't know why but I am feeling weird today, like something bad is going to happen soon; the weird fluttering in my heart is increasing. I am trying reaching her since morning just to check on her, but she being the irresponsible, irritating kid, doesn't pick my call.

"Sir, you want me to go inside and check on her?" jack asked pulling me out from my thoughts.

"Uh... no. Just wait outside, if you feel anything wrong do call me on instant." I said and hung up the call.

I heaved a sigh and again tried calling but again this girl didn't pick.

"Sir, the meeting is about to start." Yash said while entering the cabin after knocking. I nodded get up and went to meeting hall.

"Good after noon gentlemen." I said and start with my meeting with straight forward two hours. Suddenly my phone rang. At first I cut the call without even seeing the name, but the phone again ring, this time I look at the screen, and smile a bit.

"Sorry gentlemen, but I have to pick this call." I said while standing up they nodded their head.

"Aren't you missing me too much!" Ishika said when I picked the call. This girl, how can I be angry at her for long time. I can sense her smiling on other side.

"Why didn't you pick my calls? You know how many times-" I said with fake anger but soon cut off by her,

"If you want to show your anger then I am hanging up." She said, no threatened me.

"You won't dare." I replied.

"I will!" she replied confidently.

"Ok, where were you?" I asked calmly this time, because I know she would for sure hang up on me.

"I was in meeting, today was so hectic, you know. Your favourite actress is getting married, so she came for her wedding wear with her irritating brother, she is so much of herself-" she said with hint of teasing in the end.

"You know, I don't have any favourite actress." I replied with bored tone, but only I know how I am controlling to break into smile.

"You are no fun." She said with a huff and I smile the full blown one.

"What are you doing?" I asked while smiling.

"Sitting in the car talking to Mr. Missing-me-so-much." She replied and I broke in laughter soon she joined me.

"Hmm. When is.... oh shit-" she said with an alert voice, which makes me stop laughing.

"Ishika what happen?" I asked calmly, but only I know what is really happening inside me.

"Uh... h... nothing. I will call you later. Bye." She said hurriedly.

"Ishika. Ishika....." I called her name again and again. I heard a sound of a door being closed with loud thud, so she ran out of the car.

I keep calling her name on the phone as she hasn't hung up the call in hurry. After some time, I heard a sound of opening of door but suddenly I heard a sound that is too loud for my liking I have to keep my phone away from my ear, as the sound can destroy my ear at the same time I hear someone shouting on the other line but on distance, "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh". I stood in my place froze; my mind went blank, don't know what to think, what to feel. My heart was beating rapidly.

Fear start engulfing me when suddenly her call get cut, I tried calling her, but other line seems to be switched off.

I don't want to think what I am thinking. No this can't be happening. All worst possible scenarios came into my mind. I called her bodyguards, but they also didn't pick. My heart start sinking, beads of water start forming on my head.

I again tried jack number, this time he picked my call.

"Sir... sir." He stuttered in horror. Hearing his voice my fear increasing.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO ISHIKA?" I growled.

"Sir (took a deep breath) madam's car got exploded-" he continued saying, but my mind stopped at his one word, exploded.

Ishika's car exploded!

The horrific shouting!

Ishika!

Shit, shit, shit.

Nothing can happen to her, I need to go now. Yes I want to see her now.

I made my way inside the meeting hall in hurry, and said; "I have to leave for India gentlemen, I have some emergency."

"No you can't leave the meeting in between, last time you also did the same." One of the clients said while getting up from his seat.

"It's an emergency, we can reschedule the meeting." I said calming my raging nerves.

"If you leave now, you have to face the huge losses, we are not going to invest-" that man again said, here I am trying to control myself, but he, this egoistical, selfish jerk.

"I DONT CARE." I yelled with gritting my teeth.

"Ranveer calm down and tell me what happen." The other man who is of my dad age asked. I took a deep breath and said;

"My wife got in accident, I have to leave now." I said.

"Ok, you can leave we will reschedule the meeting. Just go." He said, I nodded my head and ran away from there while Yash running behind me, calling the captain to ready the jet, we have to leave now.

On way to the airport I called the bodyguards again and again so that they can pick my call and tell me about the current situation but they didn't.

I sighed and run a hand in my hairs to make the messy hairs messier.

"Ranveer don't worry, she is going to be fine." Yash said sitting in front of me in the jet and I nodded my head in hope, she is okay, in fact she has to be okay for me, for us. I don't know how I am going to live if something happened her. 

********************************************

HOLA GUYS,

WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR ISHIKA, PLEASE GOD KEEP HER FINE. IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO HER DONT KNOW WHAT RANVEER WILL DO.

HOW'S THE UPDATE.

**********************************************