CHAPTER-68

"You have a place in my heart,

no one else ever could have."

-ISHIKA

AUTHOR'S POV

The celebration is going on in full swing. Some family members were dancing on the song playing in background while some eating food. Few ladies were doing their job which is to gossip about anything to everything.

Ranveer came back after disconnecting his friend's call. He goes to where his family is dancing. His brows twitch in confusion on not finding Ishika on dance floor with Gautam. As before answering the call, he left her here on dance floor. He looks around the hall to see her. But he didn't find her anywhere. he pulled Gautam towards him.

"Where is Ishika?" Ranveer asked Gautam, his eyes searching his wife.

"She had gone out to attend a call." Gautam said and again start moving towards the dance floor when Ranveer pull him back and asked him to call her for dinner. Gautam whined but one glare from Ranveer and he ran from there as his pant is on fire.

On other side, Ishika cut the call looking at the suspicious shadow of a person who immediately run away from behind the pillar as he saw himself getting caught. Ishika run in that direction, but before she could follow him further Gautam caught her hand and pull her with him back to the hall where his family was sitting for dinner.

Ishika walks up to the table and sat beside Ranveer leaving other vacant chairs, who look surprised but didn't say anything. Ishika bends her body towards Ranveer and whisper near his ear so that only he can hear,

"Meet me on the terrace after dinner." Ishika whisper and look at everyone who look away immediately, smiling she start eating her food.

Ranveer look at Ishika for few seconds and smile in content that finally his Ishika has said something to him. He didn't let the waiter put food in his plate as he start eating from Ishika's plate, who look down in embarrassment as everyone started hooting looking at them. She glared at him, but he shrugs it as if it was a normal thing to do and forward a spoonful of rice near her lips and ask her to open her mouth.

***********************

Looking down from the terrace a beautiful view of golden lights everywhere, that illuminates the darkness that surrounds this serene space. Looking at everything, she saw a black van speeding up from the side gate, she didn't find it important, because her attention was more towards the heavy feeling that pressed tightly on her chest, she tried to push that feeling away. She patted her chest lightly.

With a long sigh she looks at the half moon, which is not visible due to the foggy weather. She looks at the time in her phone as it is too late, she is been waiting for Ranveer for more than half an hour now.

Something doesn't feel good to her.

She dialed Ranveer call which straightway kept on ringing. She rose her brows in confusion and typed a message asking him where is he? But the reply never came. She called him several times, to which there was no answer.

She run towards stairs where she saw Gautam running towards her looking frantic, as he said;

"Ishika, Ranveer is nowhere to find." Gautam panicked.