His Past

2 days later

Alex

I layed  my head in her lap and she was caressing my hair . The silence seemed so perfect. She kissed my forehead and I smiled while my eyes were closed.  I opened my eyes and caressed her cheek.

Roohi 'Can I ask you something?' I signed.

Alex "You already have." I said and she rolled her eyes. "Stop rolling  that beautiful eyes of yours  at me or else I will  not let you sleep tonight also." I warned.

Roohi 'I am damn serious.' I signed. He sat up.

Alex "Ok ask." I said.

Roohi ' What happened to your Mum? How did she die? What made you turn into a person like you were when we met?' I signed and he was shocked. I could sense pain in his eyes. I cupped his cheeks.  'Only if you are comfortable  to  share.' I signed. Tears flowed down his eyes. I wiped his tears.

Alex "I will tell you.  You have every right to know . I know about your past  then you should know about mine too. " I said her.  She held my hand.  "My Mum's death and my turning into a person like I was before everything occurred because of my father. " I said her.

Roohi 'Your  father.'

Alex "Actually he is just a sperm donor for me. He was never my father.My Mum,  Emile Morgan was a school teacher and  Andrew Smith was my father. He destroyed us. What does a normal child wants? The love of his parents and a normal life but I was not so lucky enough to get all this.

All I remember of my devastated childhood is My Mum working day and night to make ends meet and that bastard wasting all money in regular drinking. He never cared about  us. He married my Mum by tricking her in falling in love with him. After they got married he treated her worse . He was a regular drinker and always snatched money from Mum. Whenever Mum refused he used to beat her mercilessly and forcefully snatched money from her. She became helpless . Her family never supported her for marrying him but she went against of her family for his trap of love. My maternal grandparents disowned my Mum.

When I came in this world . I became her hope of survival . Her   brightest star in  empty  night sky of her life. As I grew up and understood the situation of my home . I promised myself to work harder and free my mother from his clutches and give her the beautiful life she truly deserves. Both I and my mother worked to make ends meet and that man would leave no chance to torment us, destroy us.  The only happy moments of my life which  I had  was  with my Mum.  

I used to study with my heart so that I could create a better future for my Mum. I was always interested in  designing  . Attractive clothes always grabbed my attention . So I started to draw designs for my Mum in my drawing notebooks since we couldn't afford beautiful clothes in our real life . I showed them to my Mom and she loved it . Besides studying I used to do odd jobs to earn some money so that I could help my Mum and buy things for the purpose of drawing designs . Slowing designing became my passion . I started to participate in designing competitions held in the school and emerged victorious making my Mum proud. 

I still remember ... I had seen 14 summers of my not so happy life until that day arrived which made my life worse . I returned from my school . I saw that beast beating my weak Mum to death . I tried a lot to stop him but he pushed me and I collided with the wall and my head got hurt and blood oozed out from my forehead . Seeing this my Mom got up to come towards me but that beast pushed her and suddenly I saw my Mum's chest rose to take a deep breath but she didn't inhaled the breath and she stood there for a sec . Her body became fixed , stuck or whatever you could say and she fell on the floor . I ran towards her . I shook her . I shouted Mum  ..Mum .. but she didn't respond back to me and that man didn't even cared about anything . Instead he opened my Mum's fist and took out crumbled money from her fist and went away . I called for help . Some of our neighbours came and we took Mum to hospital . The Doctor came and checked on my Mum and replied She died due to cardiac arrest ...  My whole world shattered . I only had her but now she was  also gone and was never going to come back to me . She left me. I broke down and cried . The neighborhood people consoled  me and helped me for doing her funeral . That man didn't even come for her funeral .