I Can Speak

2 months later.

Alex

Telling life is good would be an understatement because life has been nothing less than a  paradise. With Roohi everything seems perfect .  Roohi would be joining Confidence  soon  as her bond with Viktor & Rolf  is going to end and I can't be more happier. Everything seems perfect. Touchwood. I ran down the stairs. I saw her glaring at me.

Alex "I am sorry. " I said and kissed her cheek as I was late for breakfast.

Roohi 'Fine now sit.' I said and passed him his breakfast as he sat down. After  we had breakfast , we  left for our respective offices.

At evening

Alex "Good evening. " I said as she sat inside the car.  She kissed my cheek and I smiled.  "Ok I am taking you somewhere. " I said kissing her hand and she nodded. After a drive of 35 minutes we were outside of a hospital.

Roohi 'Why are we here? Oh my god are you ok Alex ?' I panicked and cupped his face.

Alex "I am absolutely fine Roohi. Come with me . " I said and got down from the car and she came out too.  Taking her hand in mine we walked inside .

In doctor's cabin

Doctor "Good Evening Mr. Morgan and Miss Arora. Please have a seat. " I said and they sat.

Alex "So doctor." I said and looked at my confused Roohi . I squeezed her hand.

Doctor "Mr. Morgan I have studied Miss Arora's case properly and I am glad to inform you both that there is full chance of restoration of her vocal chords. She can speak again. "

Roohi

Shock would be an understatement for me. I couldn't believe my ears. I can speak again. I had tears in my eyes. I looked at Alex and I saw bliss on his face. What have I done to deserve him?

Doctor "We can take an X-ray of your vocal chords now and next week we can operate. It would be a small operation and after 4 days of rest you can practice speaking like a child and then slowly and steadily everything would turn normal. Within 1 month you can speak normally without any problem. " I said them.

Alex "That's really great. Roohi will be finishing her bond with the company she is working now  and then she would have ample amount to rest after the surgery." I said smiling at her.

  Doctor  " That's even better . Let me just prepare for the X-ray. " I got up and went inside.

I hugged  Alex the moment the doctor left.

Alex "I am so happy today Roohi." I said kissing the side of her head. Breaking the hug I cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead. 

Roohi 'Me too.' I signed and hugged him again.

After the X-ray we came back. After I freshen up I prepared dinner with Emy and Suzie .  Ram and Daisy who are officially a couple now came over for  dinner . After dinner we sat on the sofa with icecreams ,  this time we were having chocolate ice creams because  Ram filled the fridge with his favourite chocolate icecream.

Alex "So guys we have a news to
share." I said.

Daisy "What? Oh my god! Congratulations  you both are  getting   engaged." I said .

Roohi 'No we are not.' I signed. Alex and I never thought about this. We are so happy unofficial  that we didn't think of making things official yet and maybe now is not the time also.