Anger Issues

"You can't just keep me here." I anxiously informed Leah who had thus far been assigned to staying in my room with me.
I guess they all thought I would be more scared of sneaking away while Leah was on watch than if it had been Alice, Bella or the rest of the Cullen girls. Which they weren't wrong about. Leah definitely intimitated me. I had a feeling she wouldn't have as much trouble hurting me if I tried something.
"I can and I will." Leah spoke sounding disinterested as she lay on the sofa and flipped a magazine.
I continued pacing back and forth looking for someway, anyway to get out of here.
All plans seemed like a bad idea seeing as to how, Leah would simply morph into a huge wolf and stop me if I did.
"You have to let me out there." I begged. " I have to help find Alec."
Leah tossed away her magazine and sat up. "And what exactly are you going to do to help? No offence but you're pretty useless compared to the crowd out there."
I wanted to complain but she was right.
What would I do but slow everyone out there down?
"I can't just do nothing." I sighed in frustration.
Leah sat up. "Listen, I get it, okay? Maybe I would never fall for a bloodsucker." I could tell that she was trying to control the amount of disgust she used when saying that word. Renesme had mentioned how Leah still had more trouble accepting vampires.
She also mentioned that Leah once had a thing for Jacob and it was still hard for her to be around them sometimes.
"But," she continued, "if that was a member of my pack out there, my brother especially... I would do whatever it took to keep him safe. Going out there and getting yourself killed is not the way... I know it's hard but sometimes all you can do is wait."
I sighed. She was right.
And I hated it. I hated feeling so useless. I wish i could do something to help.
"I wish I was like you or the Cullens." I muttered as I sank down into a chair.
"Trust me, it's not always so rosy." She muttered getting a distant look in her eyes.
I wanted to question her further but I could tell we weren't that close and saw that she wouldn't want me to pry anyway.
I sat back in the chair, staring at the bamboo ceiling, trying to think of something, anything.
Thinking about my family only depressed me more.
It occurred to me that at this rate, I would miss finals... and my graduation.
Insignificant worries but they kept my mind occupied.
Would they have some sort of tribute to honour me?
I had heard that they were planning to do that for Ryan. Have his picture set up since if things hadn't gone so... wrong, he would have been graduating with us this year.
Come to think of it, if the Cullens never came to Seattle, I would probably have been stressing over prom dresses with Sierra and Monica. I would still be with Ryan and he would take me to prom. We'd all probably go to the same colleges. And I'd live my life never knowing of the creatures that lurked around.
The thought caused me to shudder.
Never meeting Emmett... or Alec or any of the others... not even my mum.
The land line in the room rang. Leah got to it before I could even stand up.
"Hello?" She answered.
She pursed her lips as the person on the other end spoke. "Got it." Was all she said before hanging up.
She looked at me. "Let's go."
I immediately jumped up. "What's going on? Who was that? Do they know where Alec is-"
Leah spun on me. "Save your questions for someone with answers."
She stomped out of the cabin and I eagerly followed.
The night was dark and eerily quiet... well that's until we got to the main cabin.
Everyone was there, except the wolves. But Jacob stood firmly besides Renesme. I noted some of the covens were missing including the Denali coven. Heidi, Jane and my mother were the only ones of the Volturi that I could still see.
And they were currently growling at Stefan and Vladimir and I immediately understood where the quarrels rooted from.
Carlisle and Jasper stood in between them as sort of peace makers. And I knew Jasper's ability seemed to be doing little to nothing to calm the situation down.
It didn't take long to realise what they were arguing about.
"I, for one am not risking my life for that murderer!" Stefan yelled. "If anything, I hope the new bones tear him apart limb from limb."
His words caused me to freeze. That's what was going on?
Victoria and her new born vampires had him?
I felt a painful prick in my chest and I could barely stay upright.
Emmett and Edward also stood in between the rivaling groups, trying to avoid a fight from breaking out.
"He deserves a fast and painful death." Vladimir spat.
This time I could feel nothing but anger swelling in me, without thinking, I charged at him.
I didn't care that he was a vampire and I was only human. I wanted him to hurt like Alec probably was.
Maybe everyone was too stunned by my action to respond at first. But no one moved.
Even Vladimir just stayed put, staring at me in amusement.
I reached out my hands and clawed at every inch of his porcelain skin that I could get my hands on.
It didn't take long for him to get protective.
He spun on me, flinging me backwards. I was expecting to hit something on impact but I just found myself in someone's arms.
Emmett.
Caos broke out and this time even the Cullens turned on Vladimir and Stefan.
Carlisle growled at them. "No one is forcing you to stay here. So if you want to leave, leave. The last thing we need are people who aren't going to be helpful and attack our own."
"She attacked me." Stefan seethed.
I didn't realise that I was still struggling in Emmett's arms, trying to get my hands on him. Maybe just maybe, I could rip some of that skin off his face.
"You're not an ally to us. In fact, you're bringing more harm than good." Esme snapped. "You're not welcome anymore so leave before we make you."
Stefan and Vladimir glared at them.
"Fine." Stefan finally said. "As of today any friendship between us is over since it's clear you have chosen your side."
Vladimir glowered at me. "I'm surprised Carlisle, I thought you of all people would be able to tell who your real enemies were." With that they disappeared but that did little to diffuse my rage.
"Relax, tiger, they're gone." I heard Emmett whisper in my ear.
I slumped into his arms and I felt suddenly calmer.
Jasper's doing, obviously.
Emmett carefully set me down into a sofa.
He knelt down before me.
"All good?" He asked him.
I breathed out in exhaustion. "Did I hurt him?"
Emmett grinned. "You got him, Sophie. You got him good."
I knew that he was only humouring me but I didn't complain. In fact, I found myself comforted rather than anxious by his close proximity.
He held my hand and I didn't even flinch away from him.
Maybe it's because I needed comfort now more than ever.
Jane cleared her throat.
Emmett grumbled something before getting back to his feet.
Jane immediately took his spot.
"You've got more guts than I thought." Heidi commented with a smirk.
"Don't encourage her." My mother spoke in outrage. She spun on me, her red eyes furious. "That was stupid and reckless, young lady."
"Mum." I sighed. "That's not important right now."
"The hell it isn't!" She snapped.
"Alec is our priority." I spoke firmly and to my surprise she actually relaxed.
I looked at the faces in the room.
It was just the Cullens, Jacob, Heidi, Jane and my mother now. The rest must have vacated.
I saw the looks on their faces and immediately shot up.
"Any news?" I asked immediately.
Jacob and Renesme shared a sort of sympathetic look and that's what tipped me off.
I turned to face Carlisle expecting him of all people to tell me the truth.
"What's going on?" I asked.
Carlisle looked at Emmett as if asking for permission.
"What's going on?" I demanded.
Carlisle sighed.
"She deserves to know." Edward murmured.
"Victoria has Alec." Carlisle spoke.
I figured that much.
But hearing it said out loud made me panic all the more.
"Alice saw it. She has him." Carlisle spoke solemnly.
It's a good thing I was sitting down because I would have fallen over for sure.
I tried to control my breathing.
"No..." I breathed out feeling tears stream down my cheeks. Victoria couldn't have Alec.
Once again I had put someone I cared about in danger.
"S," Jane cooed as she came to my side and wrapped her arms around me. I pushed her away because I didn't want anyone's comfort. I didn't want to dive into the dark hole that was awaiting me.
I wanted to do something.
"We need to find him." I spoke frantically.
"Demetri and Felix are out there as we speak." My mother assured me.
"Only?" I gasped.
"Demetri is the best tracker out there." Jane spoke.
"And what happens when he finds him surrounded by Victoria's newborns? I don't want anyone else getting hurt because of me."
"The wolves and the others are around the perimeter. If they hear any trouble, they will help." Edward assured.
"And you really shouldn't underestimate the volturi boys, S. They're pretty bad ass." Heidi boasted.
'I don't want to sit here and continue feeling so... so... useless. I want to help... I-I... you need to turn me." I spoke the last five words in a whisper but I knew that they all heard me.
But none of them paid me any attention because at that moment, Alice gasped and Jasper was immediately at her side.
"What do you see?" he asked her immediately.
"S-she's here."
This time Emmett was the one to act impulsively.
He moved to my side immediately.
"Where?" Jasper asked Alice.
"Along the perimeter. She's trying to get past the wolves... she's... she only has about five new borns with her..."
"We need to get Sophie out of here." Esme immediately announced.
She was also by my side now.
"We can lead Victoria away and ambush her. Sophie, you need to trade clothes with Bella." Esme instructed.
Bella sped towards me and easily scooped me up before rushing me into the nearest room.
I could hear the rukus in the other room as everyone went through their plans.
I could hardly get anything out as Bella and Esme quickly helped me get out of my clothes and into Bella's.
When we went back out. Everyone except Carlisle, Edward, Emmett, Jacob and Renesme were still here.
Emmett was immediately by my side. "I'll get her far away." He announced.
"Emmett, you can't go with her." Carlisle spoke.
"The hell I can't." Emmett growled standing in front of me protectively as if scared someone would take me away from him.
"Emmett, Carlisle's right." Edward spoke up. "if Victoria has been watching as long as we think she has then she knows that you and Sophie are... were together and she'll know exactly who to start with if she wants to find her."
"Then let her come." Emmett growled, his bulging muscles twitched and I could see how probably no one would stand a chance in a fight against him.
"This isn't about you, Em. It's about Sophie's safety." Carlisle spoke again.
"I'm not leaving her, Carlisle." Emmett spoke firmly.
"She'll go with Renesme and Jacob. She'll be safe with them and a half human and werewolf are the last people she'd expect her to leave with." Edward tried to reason.
Emmett just tensed up all the more, not looking like he would budge anytime soon.
"I can handle whoever tries to come at us." Emmett spoke.
"No one is saying you can't, Em." Esme spoke calmly. "But think about what would happen if you got ambushed. Even you can't take ten newborns out at once."
Emmett listened to Esme's reasoning voice and turned around to look at me, his face etched with worry.
"I'll be okay." I spoke to assure him.
"You don't know that." He argued.
"Emmett, when has your family ever let you down?" I asked.
Emmett looked around at his more than competent family members before looking back at me.
"Maybe I'm not worried about them. Maybe I'm worried about you. You do seem to attract your fair share of danger." He sighed.
I gave him a small smile. "God hasn't let me die just yet, has He?"
"You're pushing your luck." Emmett muttered.
I walked up to him and placed a kiss on his cheek.
"I'll be fine, Emmett."
He just stared at me as if memorising all my features one last time.
"I'll see you soon." He promised and all I could do was nod before I got whisked away by Renesme.