Back Again

I opened my eyes and immediately spotted Alec sitting in a chair beside my bedside. He was carelessly flipping through a magazine.

The minute he saw that my eyes were open, he tossed the magazine away and smirked.

"We have got to stop meeting like this." He spoke.

I tried to move but realised my movement on the hospital bed was restricted. I had a little tube attached to me and the other end to the IV.

My mouth felt unnaturally dry and my whole body sore.

Good going Sophie, you managed to land yourself in a hospital again. I truly was a hospital magnet.

"At least you're not in my bed this time." I told Alec as I tried to stretch out my body but just ended up wincing at the pain.

In addition, I felt completely and utterly exhausted, like I had been running a marathon or something.

"Well we wouldn't want people to start talking. Now would we?" He spoke playfully with a wink.

I blushed when I finally realised that the last time I saw him was when I kissed him.
I felt compelled to bring it up.

"Umm... about last night..."

"Don't worry about it, little human." He spoke casually with a shrug. "The past is the past."

I didn't know how I felt about his carefree attitude. Wasn't I supposed to be relieved that he had saved me from all that embarrassment?
But I felt like I had just been used like some cheap prostitute.

Kisses were very intimate to me and I usually didn't just give us them away to every guy that passed by. So the fact that he was taking it so casually did bother me a little.

Anyway, Jane did imply that he wasn't exactly 'virgin territory'. This probably was no big deal to him.

"You know you never cease to amaze me. First I find out you're suicidal, then you proved what a terrible drunk you are and now... Drug addict, " He spoke as he got up and started moving around the room like he usually did. He never seemed to be able to stay still for long.
He was always moving.

I blushed at his reference to what a 'terrible drunk' I was.

"I'm not a drug addict." I spoke. "I just haven't been taking my medication lately." I muttered the last part quietly.

I tried to remember the last time I took one of my anti depressants and found that I actually couldn't.

"You mean these?" Alec spoke as he took the bottle out from his pocket.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"How do you-"

"I snatched it from your suitcase the day we left."

I glared at him. "Why would you do that?"

He shrugged. "I was trying to teach you a lesson."

"What lesson?" I tried to yell but my throat hurt too much. "You landed me in the hospital."

He was fiddling around with a stethoscope now. He put the plugs in his ears and the other part on his chest.

"I was trying to teach you that pills don't make pain go away."

"They're not supposed to make the pain go away! They're just supposed to make life more tolerable."

He seemed oblivious to how mad I actually was. How could he just take away something from me without even knowing what effect it would have on me.