Hangover

The light filiing in the room was what woke me up. My eyes fluttered open and I squinted trying to adjust to the sun light spilling in through the large windows.

I groaned as I sat up in the strange bed and looked around feeling disoriented.

My hand suddenly flew to my head as a sharp pain shot through. My head pounded like hell and the excessive light wasn't helping at all.

What the hell happened last night? I wondered.

The memory of 'The Lair' came back.

Alec!

He's the one who kept handing me drinks. I didn't exactly remember how many, everything after that was sort of a blur.... What were we talking about again?

Jane?

Yes Jane! And something about her love life...

The door suddenly slammed open, I flinched at the sound.

Jane came waltzing in with Nina following close behind carrying a tray of food.

Jane had her blonde hair tied back tightly as usual and wore a black long sleeved shirt with black jeans and plain black designer high heeled boots. She looked as sharp and beautiful as always while Nina on the other hand looked as ehausted as I felt. She yawned as she set the tray by my bedside table. She still had her pageant queen looks and had applied her make up on perfectly but there were dark circles under her weary eyes.

"Morning sunshine." Jane told me with a sick smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel like hell." I replied with a groan.

"That, sweetie, is called a hangover." She spoke, she seemed to be enjoying my pain as if she was inflicting it on me herself like she had done with Demetri.

"This is why I don't drink." I muttered as I tried to sit up in bed and winced at the pain.

"Lucky for you, Nina, here is an expert on hangover remedies." Jane spoke as she nodded at the human girl.

Nina didn't look too happy to have to serve me. She lifted the cover of the tray, revealing a plate filled with bacon, eggs and toasted bread. Next to the plate sat a cup of coffee and there was a separate glass of water with two pills sitting next to it.

"Bonappettite. Nothing cures a hangover like greasy food and coffee." She spoke as she first picked up the glass of water and the two pills.
"But first, asprin."

I took the glass and both pills. I was in too much pain to be sceptical about them.

I threw the pills in my mouth, one after another then gulped down the water which did little to help my seeming undying thirst.

Nina then put the tray on my lap. I picked up the knife and fork and immediately dug in. I really hadn't realised how hungry I actually was.

"This is so good." I moaned not caring that my mouth was full.

The two girls just watched me in amazement.

"So..." Jane started as she walked over to the bed and sat on the edge, facing me. "How was it, playing lip lock with my brother."

I was too engrossed by my food to really process what she was talking about but when I did I immediately dropped the knife and fork and looked at her smug face.

"What are you talking about? I didn't-" Then it all started coming back to me.

Falling in Alec's lap... telling him to close his eyes... kissing him.