Werewolves

Emmett and Bella were driving an inconspicuous truck.

We drove for almost five hours at Emmett's crazy inhuman speed, stopping a few times to allow me to breathe. It was a wonder how we didn't get pulled over. 

Finally we were in the middle of nowhere. Forestry surrounded us all around.
At first I didn't even notice the cabin hidden behind a thick patch of foliage but Emmett and Bella's sharp eyes spotted it immediately.

It was a modern looking cabin, fairly big in size.

"Where are we?" I asked with a frown. I don't know how far we traveled or if we were even in the same country. Surely even Alec would have a hard time tracking us down.

"Somewhere we can keep you safe." Emmett told me.

He put his hand on my shoulder but quickly recoiled afterwards. 

I see that we aren't yet past the awkward stages of our not so recent separation.

But in all fairness, it's kind of hard to do with the way he just seems to be coming back over and over again.

"Come on. Let's get you inside. I bet you're still woozy from that last one." Bella spoke with an empathetic smile. I bet she had gone through the same experience when she was human and dating Edward.

We made the short trek to the cabin. They walked at a slow human pace for my benefit.
The minute we got close enough to see the front door, I noticed that we weren't in fact alone.

Seven people I didn't know stood outside the house. Six tan looking guys and one pale girl about my age. The guys were fooling around while the girl embraced one of them. But they immediately broke apart when they saw us approaching.

The girl sped to meet us, confirming my suspicions that she was in fact a vampire.
She jumped into Bella's arms.

"Mum!" She exclaimed.
I furrowed my brows and looked at Emmett who had a knowing smile on his face.

So he wasn't lying about Bella having a kid... that meant.

She then jumped into Emmett's arms. "Uncle Emmett!"

Emmett brightened up as he lifted her off the ground and spun around.

"How's my favourite niece doing?" He asked as he tickled her.

She pulled away, giggling in the process.

"I'm so glad to see you both. I was worried when I didn't hear from you. Dad called us while we were in DC and told us about the emergency." The girl explained. Now that I had gotten a closer look, I truly saw how much she looked like Bella.

She turned to me and smiled softly. "You must be the emergency."

"Guilty." I spoke in a nervous voice. I had hang back while all the reunion stuff was happening because I truly felt as if I was intruding on a personal moment.

Emmett gestured to me.

"Renesme, this is-"

"Sophie. I know." She spoke eagerly as she moved in to enthusiastically shake my hand. "I've been waiting to finally meet Emmett's one and only..." she trailed off when she noticed all the changes in our expressions.

Clearly she hadn't been debriefed. But what was she going to say? 'Emmett's one and only...'. What had he told her about me?

"It's nice to meet you." Renesme spoke, covering up for her earlier stumble. "Come on. Let's go meet the guys. Everyone else is inside already."