Epilogue

Sophie

Four years later...

"Soph! It's almost time to go down the aisle!" I heard Helen yell from inside the dressing room.

I turned to look at her and smiled when I saw how gorgeous she looked in her wedding dress.

I rushed in and stood in front of her, taking her hands.

"Okay, Hellen. Breathe in."

Helen complied, sucking in a deep breath.

"Okay, now breathe out." I told her.

She did so.

I smiled. "There you go."

"I'm so nervous. Why am I so nervous?" She muttered to herself.

"Because you're about to say yes to spending the rest of your life with a man who only texts in all caps and takes grilling more seriously than anything else in this world." Aunt Judith spoke coming up behind Aunt Helen as she adjusted her veil.

"Let's not forget that he's also someone who's obsessed with you. In short, you've hit the jackpot, marrying my brother." She told her.

Aunt Helen smiled. She reached forward and wrapped her arms around Aunt Judith in a hug.

"Thank you, Jude. I'm so glad you two could fly all the way here for the wedding." She spoke.

"As if we would ever miss it for the world." Aunt Judith spoke.

Sure classes at Berkeley were hectic and Aunt Judith had so much work to do. Not to mention, her and Eugene got married just a year ago and they had just moved into their new place.

Nothing would ever stop me from attending my own father's wedding.

"Sophie."

I looked up to see Kevin at the door, handsome in his suit.

"Sorry to interrupt but your dad needs you."

I nodded.

"Be right back." I told Aunt Judith and Aunt Helen before heading out the door.

"He better not be getting cold feet!" Aunt Helen joked even though there was an edge to her voice.

"As if." I laughed, closing the door behind me.

I smiled at Kevin now that we were alone in the hallway.

"Hey good looking." I got on my tip toes and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"What's up, gorgeous?" He responded, a dimple appeared on the side of his cheek.

"How are you holding up?" I asked him.

This was the first time Kevin was coming home and meeting my father and Helen.

"Um, well, it's raining." He commented.

I laughed. "Well, that's Seattle for you."

"I hate it." He spoke bluntly before placing his arms around my waist and pulling me in closer.

"You can take the guy out of Cali but you can't take the Cali out of the guy." I told Kevin as I straightened his tie.

"But I like your dad. And Helen."

"They seem to like you too." I told him.

Which was true. My dad and Helen both had nothing but good things to say about Kevin so far.

I mean, my dad was skeptical as usual but I knew he would grow to love Kevin the way I did.

I had met Kevin my first year at Berkeley.