Patched Up

"There you go." Carlisle spoke when he finished replacing the bandage on my left arm.

"Thanks Carlisle." I told him before leaning back in the chair, resting the arm on the armrest.

"You're so lucky, you know." He spoke. "No broken bonds. No fractures, just a few bruises and scrapes that will heal nicely, I'm sure."

"Well. Not to brag, doc but I've been cheating death all my life." I tried at a joke.

Carlise only smiled weakly. "If Victoria had wanted to kill you, Sophie, she would have." He reminded me.

" I know." I nodded. I didn't know how I could say that so calmly this time. I could have really died.

"Is she-" I struggled to ask.

"She's dead." Carlisle reassured me.

"And the new borns?" I asked.

"Gone too." Carlisle spoke. "We have your mother and the other volturi to thank for that." He explained as he begun to pack up his equipment.

"The volturi has some pretty strict rules on creation of vampires recklessly."

I frowned. "All those people. They were once normal humans. They didn't ask for it."

Carlise stopped in his process. I saw his expression turn into a sad one. "No. They did not."

A thought suddenly came to mind. "Sierra." I gasped.

Carlise walked over, pulling a chair toward to sit in front of me. "Oh, don't worry. She was spared."

I felt relief was over me.

Confusion as well. "But I thought you said-"

"There was an exception for her." He spoke. "I think it would be best if Alec gave you an explanation for it is really not my place.

I was still confused but I nodded none the less. All that mattered was that she was ok. I could only imagine how scared she had been being dragged into all this.

"And everyone else? Did they - did they make it?"

I thought of all the vampires that the Cullens had assembled to help out as well as the werewolves.

"Yes, everyone on our side is okay. We're tougher than you think, Sophie." He spoke.

I smiled. "I know that. And the volturi, I mean my mum and her family?" I asked not knowing if they would still identify as part of the volturi anymore.

"Everyone is fine, Sophie." He spoke.

He got up. "In fact, I should probably start letting them in to see you before the burst through the door." He spoke.

I laughed lightly, stopping when I felt an ache in my side.

Carisle noticed. "Might take some time for you to completely heal. And still, we might see a scar or too."

"Memorabilia." I muttered dryly.

I suddenly remembered something else.

"Sierra is gifted. Like Edward and Alice."

"Ah." Carlise spoke. "That she is. It's quite remarkable actually. She seems to have the ability to control people's actions."

"Sort of like Jane." I told him.

" I wouldn't say that. Jane's ability is centred on pain. Your friend, Sierra, she can make anyone do whatever she wills by simply speaking it."

I remembered how Victoria had her make Alec remain immobile and silent.