Taking You Out

I sat on the bed in my room at the Volturi's castle wringing my hands nervously.

Everything just changed.

The danger I was in had multiplied.

If Aro could kill his closest acquaintance's wife who was also his sister, what would stop him from hurting me?

After I had somehow managed to see what was in his head. He totally freaked out.

He hardly contained his temper with me and had Heidi and Demetri take me back to my room and make sure the door was locked.

I saw the mad, deranged look on his face. He was clearly a man who wasn't used to being outsmarted.

It infuriated him.

I wondered what he was doing now. Having a meltdown?
Thinking up ways to make my death slow and painful?
Preparing to enslave me for life?

I didn't know.

All I knew is that I wasn't safe.

I needed to get out of here.

I had already tried knocking the door with anything and everything I could get my hands on but they now just sat on the ground scattered and useless.

I rushed to the only escape route left. The window.

I looked down and bit my lip. The drop was way too high for anyone to make it. Any human anyway.

Still. I needed to get out of here.

I was thinking rashly and unreasonably. I even considered taking the sheets off my bed and making a long rope out of them like I had seen done in movies.

At this point. I was running out of options and I needed to act fast. Before Aro made up his mind on what to do to me. What ever it was, it couldn't be good.

I swept the sheets off my bed onto the floor. But before I could do anything more, the door swung open. I jumped back thinking this was it.

Alec stood at the door. He looked around at the mess I had made. His expression remained stoic.

"Someone's been busy." He spoke as he stepped over a wooden pole I had wrenched out of my closet.

I took a step back when he attempted to come closer. Aro had sent him to get me. He must have.

Alec rolled his eyes but stopped in his position.

"I see you're still mad at me." He commented.

I didn't say anything. I just eyed him suspiciously. Why was he beating around the bush. Why didn't he just get on with it?

"I should tell you right now that I'm not big on apologies. Especially when I know I'm right." He continued. "So if you're not going to apologize and I'm not going to apologize, this is going to be the longest fight in history... but on the bright side. We just had our first official fight as a couple. That is if you still consider me your significant other."

I looked at him trying to figure out what he was doing.

But of course this was Alec, I couldn't see through him if I tried.

And I was still too much on edge to play any games with him so I just came right out with it.

"Have you talked to Aro?"

He shook his head and leaned back on the wall casually. "Considering I'm about to disobey him, I'd rather not face him just yet."

I rose my brows at him. "What do you mean you're about to disobey him?"