Montepulciano

Italy was to say the least, beautiful.

If I wasn't being taken to be judged by a blood sucking vampire, I would have actually enjoyed the experience.

We actually didn't even get on a commercial plane, we got on a private jet!

I have never been on a private jet let alone one so plush.

Alec and Jane on the other hand found the ride 'too slow'. I figured. Every form of transportation must be 'too slow' for them seeing as to how they move at the speed of sound.

I was shocked to see that the pilot and one air hostess were humans, just like the cab driver, they didn't seem surprised to see the red eyes - uncomfortable and scared, sure - but not scared.
Which meant they knew about vampires.

I found it unfair that they got to know about vampires without persecution. I made a mental note to bring that up when I was to argue why I should stay alive.
That is if they even let me defend myself.

The flight took thirteen hours. I refused to sleep within that time because quite frankly I honestly didn't trust that Jane wouldn't kill me in my sleep and also because Alec wouldn't stop annoying me, he constantly asked me annoying and ridiculous questions about Dylan but that's only when he wasn't playing candy crush or getting hit on by Nina.

I actually found it amusing how she could be so afraid of Jane but she had no problem flirting with Alec.

To make it even funnier, Alec didn't seem to have the slightest interest in the poor girl.

When we finally landed at the airport, there was already a black, tinted SUV waiting for us with yet another human driver.

We didn't even go to Milan, we went to a town four hours away from it known as Montepulciano.

It was beautiful with its old fashioned almost medieval buildings. It had a Renaissance feel to it. I didn't see as many native looking people and even then, there weren't many people around.

I tried to take in all the sights of this trip as I could.

It was when the driver finally pulled into some sort of courtyard that I saw that this is where all the people must have been. The driver had a hard time maneuvering around the crowds of people. Tourists and natives alike.

"Why are there so many people here?" I asked in wonder.

Alec was the one to respond. "They're under the impression that 'gods' live here." He said with a knowing smile.

I furrowed my brows as I looked out the window again. We managed to get a little further among the crowds.

Then I spotted the place Alex must have been talking about. It was a huge medieval looking castle that must have been where the kings and queens lived in the olden days.

It was magnificent. It might have been old fashioned and sort of bland but it was still architecturally ingenious.

The driver drove around the back where a tall gate stood. Someone immediately opened, human again.
We drove into what appeared to be a car park. The driver parked the SUV and we all disembarked.

"Home sweet home." Jane muttered as her and Alec led the way into the building through a wide conical shaped door.

We didn't walk far before we spotted a group of tourists looking around in wonder. They were led by a gorgeous woman in a red dress with black gloves on.

Nina might have been beautiful but this woman carried the perfection that came with being a vampire. I was surprised to see that her eyes weren't red or gold. They were a dark brown.