The Truth about Alec

"Where's Alec?" I demanded as I burst into the first room I came across.

I saw Heidi lying across a sofa and Felix doing chin ups.

Heidi looked up at me and arched a brow.

"What did he do to you?" She asked in amusement.

"He er... um - nothing. I just need to talk to him."

Felix jumped down mid chin up and smirked at me. "Did he kiss you?" He asked.

I blushed at how straight forward he was.

"No!" I exclaimed.

"Wouldn't be the first time." Heidi spoke in a sing song voice.

If it was even possible, I blushed more. Did they all know about the drunken kiss I had shared with Alec?

"Come on little S, if you can't tell your new family what's going on in your life then who can you tell?" Felix asked.

Little S?

"Felix, she hasn't made a decision yet." Heidi told him in a bored tone.

"Well you can't possibly leave now that Alec-"

"Felix!" Heidi snapped.

Felix shrugged. "Just saying, it's sort of a miracle that Alec actually found-"

"Felix!" Heidi snapped again. "Taka a hint, shut up amd go back to working on your biceps."

"Okay, boss lady." Felix spoke with a mock salute.

She sat upright on her bed and smiled at me.

"Hun, what Felix is trying to say is that Alec is a... 'special' er... kid."

Felix chuckled as he lifted a huge dumbell.
"Emphasis on special."

Heidi shot him a glare. "It's just that no one and I mean no one ever expected that Alec would actually find a girl he remotely likes and doesn't just want to mess with."

"Does he have some kind of history?" I asked curiously.

Heidi and Felix shared a look.

Felix shrugged and Heidi was the one to speak.

"Jane's ability might seem sadistic but Alec is the epitome of sadism."

I frowned. "You mean he tortures people?"

"Sure, that is his job here, that's the reason Aro likes him so much but that doesn't define him."

"He's a good kid." Felix spoke as he effortlessly set down his dumbell. "He just doesn't know what its like to be loved by anyone other than his family."

"Really, the only reason Jane hasn't found a mate is probably because she'd feel like she was abandoning her brother." Heidi spoke as she examined her nails.

I didn't know how to feel about what they were telling me. They were talking to me like they expected me to 'fix' Alec or something. I remember Alec had told me that he didn't believe in love in 'the Lair'. Had I actually changed his mind? I didn't know much about this mate thing but was it really supposed to be this...'sudden'.

I thought about the other vampire 'mates I had met and how beautiful their relationships were. I couldn't help but think back to Emmett's story. He had told me about how he met Rosalie. I couldn't forget the far away and dreamy look he had gotten when he described how she was the first thing he saw when he had opened his eyes as a vampire; his angel.

I know that I chose not to let Emmett control how I felt anymore but I could only imagine how Rosalie had felt at that moment. And I wondered how she could still leave him after bring the subject of that loving gaze. I had only been the subject of Emmett's gaze for a short time and I had wanted it to last forever.