Meeting the Calvary

I was back at my home in Seattle. I was standing outside the driveway to my house.
I saw my father outside. He was watering the plants, Helen sat on a porch chair and there were two dark haired kids a boy and a girl running around and chasing each other across the lawn. Helen yelled at them to be careful. And my father laughed and told her that they were just being kids.
I wanted so badly to join this happy moment.
I walked up the driveway. As soon as they spotted me, they all froze and turned to look at me.
"Hey." I greeted brightly.
My father looked at Helen but she just shrugged and called the kids to her, pushing them behind her.
My dad stepped foward then looked at me in confusion.
"Who - what are you?"
I looked down and saw my pale skin. I turned to look at my reflection in a nearby car and saw my glowing red eyes.
I spun to face my house again. This time my father was holding a gun and pointing it at me.
"Get away from us, you monster!"

He pulled the trigger but I didn't hear or feel anything because at that moment I shot up in bed.

"Morning sleepy head." I saw Alec standing by a couple of shelves in the corner.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. At this point I was way past getting surprised at how he always seemed to appear from no where.
"You came." I commented.

He nodded. "I said I would, didn't I?"

I got out of bed and stretched.

"Alone?" I asked.

"The others aren't too far away." He responded.

I perked up. "Who exactly are 'the others'?"

"Jane, Felix and Demetri."

I was feeling somewhat relieved that neither Aro nor my mother were among them.

"Hungry?" Alec asked.

I nodded.

"I got you some breakfast. It's in the kitchen."

I smiled in gratitude and followed him out the room.

There was coffee and a plate of still warm waffles, eggs and bacon displayed on the small dining table.

I wonder which restaurant he went to get the food from, I hadn't seen any on our way here.

Maybe one of the Cullens had made it. Either way, I was grateful.

I sat at the dining table and Alec came to sit opposite me.

I didn't even worry about being polite before I started devouring the food. I knew he didn't eat anyway.

"So, I talked to Aro." Alec spoke after letting me take a few bites.

Fear spiked me as I looked up at him.

"And?"

"And I asked him why you were so sure he was trying to hurt you." Alec looked at me, a small frown on his face.

My heart beat quickened as I wondered what he could have told him.
Did he spin the story and somehow make me the villain.

"And?" I urged Alec on because it looked like he wasn't going to say anything.

"He said he didn't know." Alec spoke. "He said he couldn't think of a reason. He said perhaps you were just trying to get me to take you back home.

My breath hitched. I looked up at Alec and he was studying me.

"Do you believe him?"

I could see the conflict in his eyes. To believe me. Or to believe Aro?