Anger

Sophie

Anger wasn't an emotion that came naturally to me.

But sitting here in this room, it's all I felt towards everyone around me.

"How could you do this?" I cried out at Alec.

He stood away from me as if afraid I would cause him harm.

"To keep you safe." He replied somewhat calmly. I had been asking him the same things since I came back to consciousness and found myself back in Italy. In the same room I was being held captive in before.

"Kidnapping isn't keeping anyone safe!" I yelled.

"You were about to walk into a suicide mission. Did you really think I was going to let you?"

I folded my arms grumpily and sank down on the bed.

"Take me back right now!"

He rolled his eyes. "You're acting like a child."

"And you're being a jerk!" I snapped. "You do realise that I am somebody's child. How do you think my father will react when he realises I'm gone?"

"He probably already has." Alec muttered.

I shot up and glared at him.

"What did you do?"

Alec didn't respond.
I marched up to him until I was right in front of him.

"Alec! Tell me what you did!"

"We made it look like a kidnapping, okay? That way he wouldn't have to blame himself." Alec didn't meet my eyes.

A part of me broke as I thought about what would happen when my father walked into my room and found what I suspected would be a huge mess.

"Of course he'll blame himself! There's no way he won't! He holds himself responsible for everything that happens to me. That's what fathers do."

Alec narrowed his eyes at me. "What? Is this your way of rubbing it in my face that I never had a father?"

I know I should have felt guilty for the insensitive comment but the anger I currently felt was just too overwhelming.

"This isn't about you Alec!"

"Really? So it's about you?" He asked.

"Damn straight!" I exclaimed.

He let out a hollow laugh. "Oh really? Because all this time you've been making it sound like it was all about us. Or was that one of your pretty lies as well?"

"I can't just forget that other people exist and look out for myself." I reminded him.

"Are you saying that's what I do, little human?"
The nickname didn't carry the usual pleasantness that accompanied it. He spoke the word bitterly.

"That's exactly what you're doing right now." I told him.
He gave me a deadly look.

"Forgive me for looking out for you then." He spat before speeding to the door.

As soon as he opened it, my mother's face came into view. She looked between Alec and me.

"Do you mind if I interrupt?" She asked.

"I was just leaving." Alec spoke before walking away.

My mother closed the door behind her before looking at me in concern.
"Is everything alright?"

I scoffed. "You've got to be kidding me. Alec brought me here against my will. He made dad think I was kidnapped and has probably signed a death sentence for the Cullens."

My mother seemed calm as she addressed me.
"I know. The whole castle could hear your argument."

I really hoped they could. I wanted all of them to know what they had done.

"You have to excuse Alec, sweetie. You can't be too mad at him. He was only following my orders."

My eyes widened at her. "Your orders? You came up with this sick plan?"

She nodded as if I was only accusing her of leaving the toilet seat up.

"It was the best thing to do."

"No it wasn't!" I snapped. "Do you even realise how much dad's going to beat himself up? Think about it! First his wife disappeared then his daughter who he swore to keep safe goes missing too? This will break him more than you can imagine."

She didn't even seem the least bit guilty. Her red eyes seemed more lifeless than they ever had.

"This is the best course of action." She repeated. I wanted to strangle her. I wanted to strangle my mother.

"You're a horrible person!" I yelled.

She tried to come closer to me but I only stepped back.

She sighed. "You can visit him when he's on his deathbed and assure him that you're still alive and that it wasn't his fault."

"Do you even hear the words you're saying?" I yelled. "Think about how miserable his life will be in the meantime. He'll push away everyone! Even Helen. Just like he did when you left. At least then he had me to hold on to."

"It's the best course of action. You might not see it now but you will one day."

"It don't want any part of this anymore!" I yelled. "I want to go home!"

She shook her head almost sympathetically.

"You can't."

"What do you mean, I can't? You said it was my choice."

"And you made it." She responded. "Aro won't let you change your mind or leave now."
I shook my head in incredulously. Emmett was right.

"I will never nor do I ever want to be part of this twisted family. My family is back in Seattle."

My mother looked like I had just slapped her in the face.

"Sophie." She spoke softly.

She tried to reach put for me again but I stepped back.

She frowned. "One day you'll understand." She whispered before turning to leave.

She walked out the door, shutting it on her way out.

Now that I was alone, I was able to feel all the pain and more anger that had been burning out in me. But I didn't lash out or yell.
Instead, I threw myself on the bed and sobbed.