The Way it used to Be

Emmett

"Emmett!" Rosalie snapped as she sat up in bed.

'What?" I yelled back in frustration.

"You're not listening to me." She complained.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I am."

"Oh really?" She asked as she folded her arms across her chest. "Then what was I saying?"

I shrugged. "You were telling me how I never listen to you."

She shot me a glare. "Don't try to be cute."

"I don't think that's possible." I spoke as I gave her a smirk.

She rolled her eyes as she swung her legs out of bed and got up, revealing her glorious completely naked body.

I watched her perfect curves and smooth skin as she walked over to our en suite.

"Since when do we talk after sex anyway?" I asked her.

"Well forgive me for trying to do something new!" She yelled as she came back out in a robe.

She had been trying to introduce a lot of 'new things' in our relationship since we got back together. It was nice and all but it just wasn't us.

It wasn't how we used to be. I guess believing that things would go back to exactly how they used to be was sort of far fetched. Rosalie had done some growing and I had too. In that short period of time, we did new things, met new people... people who changed our outlook on life.

I thought about her... her beautiful brown doe eyes that always seemed to sparkle with curiosity and interest. That adorable and kind smile that she was always ready to offer to anyone she met. And the clumsiness. Who could forget the clumsiness?

"You're doing it again!" Rosalie snapped.

I looked up at her, she was standing in front of the full body mirror, brushing her blonde locks.

I shook my head as if to get rid of the thoughts. "Sorry." I muttered as I swung my legs off my bed and picked up my boxer shorts from the floor and slipped them on.

"Why are you always spacing out lately, anyway? What's on your mind?"

Her face flashed in my mind, her gentle touch, her laugh...

"Nothing." I spoke quickly.

She rose a brow at me. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was boring you."

I shook my head and smirked. I sped towards her and wrapped my arms at her from behind.
I placed a kiss in the crook of her neck.

"You could never bore me, sexy."

She smiled at our reflection in the mirror and leaned into me. "I can't believe we have to go back home tomorrow. I wish we could stay longer."

I smiled back at her. "We've been away for almost a year, don't you think it's about time we got back to the others."

"I do but this has been so nice, don't you think?"

Honestly, all we did was move from five star hotel to five star hotel, ripping each others clothes off.

Was that really how it had always been?

"Yes it has. But I really do miss the others. I haven't heard an annoying comment from Jasper in the longest time." I spoke. "And don't you miss your little arguments with Edward?"

Rosalie scowled. "Arg! Not at all."

She turned around and faced me before snaking her arms around my neck.

"Lets make our last 'honeymoon' night memorable, shall we?"

I couldn't help but wish those gold eyes were brown instead and that silky blonde hair was brown instead.

No! This was Rosalie, my mate. The girl I had been waiting for for the longest time.

My angel.

I smiled back at her. "Most definitely."

She pushed her body close to mine and enveloped my lips with her experienced ones. Her hands moved skillfully over my body... too perfectly. I found myself longing for the more inexperienced ones.

She wouldn't leave my mind and I knew it was wrong thinking about her while doing this with Rosalie but I couldn't help it..

That was part of the reason I was so psyched about going back home. Alice would surely have an update on her.

I wondered what she was doing right now.