Nightmares

I was back at the Old Crows hotel. The same place that James had attacked me except this time we were in a ballroom. Five chairs were set up in a circle  around me. In those chairs, all the people who mattered the most to me were tied to each one of them, my dad, Helen, Aunt Judith, Monica and Dylan. They were all yelling at me to help them.
But I couldn't move, I was stuck to the same spot. I desperately wanted to do something, anything, to help them but I couldn't.
That's when he appeared with those blood red eyes and a smirk on his face.
"I warned you." He spoke tauntingly. "I told you not to cross me, Sophie. Now your loved ones will have to pay the price."
"Please don't." I cried as he stepped behind my father.
My dad looked at me desperately.
"Sophie, what's going on? What-" without hesitation, James sunk his teeth into his neck.

"No!" I yelled as I shot up in bed.

My heart was racing.
It was just a dream, it was just a dream. I told myself.

I ran a hand through my hair. This wasn't the first time I had such a nightmare. They didn't come everyday but from time to time when I allowed myself to remember that night, the nightmares would come back. And they were always worse than the last.

"Nightmare?" I heard a voice speak from beside me.

I quickly turned around and saw the dark haired vampire lying in my bed with his hands tucked behind his head.

I screamed and sent myself falling off my bed onto the carpeted floor.

"Kiddo, is everything okay up there?" I heard my dad yell from downstairs.

"Yes dad!" I called back. "I'm fine!"

I picked myself off the floor and threw the hair that had covered my face back.

I glared at Alec who had an amused expression on his face.

"That's not usually the reaction ladies have when they wake up with me." He spoke.

"Why are you even in my bed?" I asked in anger. "You don't even sleep."

He shrugged. "It looked comfy." He sat up and leaned against my head board. "And I thought I would get a better reception seeing as to how I saved you from drowning."

The memory from last night came back to me. I was so close, so close to ending this. Ending the pain, ending the nightmares...

"Well you didn't have to." I muttered.

"That's where you're wrong." Alec spoke. "I have one job, and that's to get you to Italy alive. Emphasis on alive."

"Why does it even matter?" I snapped. "Whoever you work for, Aro? Was it? He's just going to kill me the moment I get there."

"It's a possibility but I doubt it." Alec spoke casually.

"Will you just tell me what he wants from me?" I asked in frustration.

"Honestly, little human. That's a mystery to me too." He admitted as he picked up a snow globe from my bedside table which he studied intently.

"You mean you don't know?" I asked.

I didn't know what to think about that. This Aro guy didn't even tell the people he sent to get me what he intended to do to me? Was it because he didn't trust them with the information or was it because it wasn't important enough to mention?

"I do know, I just don't know." Alec replied.

"That doesn't make any sense." I told him impatiently.