Unexpected

"Sophie. You should eat something." Bella told me softly from where she sat beside me on the bed.

The last hours had gone by in a blur. I hadn't gotten a lick of sleep or taken anything but the tea Esme had served me the day before.

I had called Helen and told her I would be spending the night at the Cullens hanging out with Bella and Alice. I knew talking to her would be easier than talking to my father.

But unfortunately, my father had called me not a minute later to inquire why I would want to be in the same house as Emmett. I had to lie to him and tell him that the guys weren't even here. I had told him that they had all been taken by Carlisle on a hunting trip.

Lying to my father had become second nature now but it still felt incredibly awful. I knew I couldn't tell him what was really going on without completely freaking him out or putting him in danger.

I can't believe we're back to where we started with me being the reason he was in danger again.

"Sophie. Please eat." Alice spoke this time as she pushed the tray towards me.

I sat cross legged on the bed and just stared off into space. Food was the last thing on my mind right now.

The ladies had been instructed to stay with me and keep an eye on me to make sure I didn't do anything stupid like what I had done with James.

They did good to do that too because I would gladly run into Victoria's grip to keep everyone else safe.

"Let me try." I heard a deep voice I would never be able to mistake speak.

The girls left the room leaving me with Emmett. I didn't even have the emotional strength to feel all that I felt for him.

Alice had said that she had seen around a hundred newly born vampires. I didn't even want to think about the Cullens fighting them all off. Bella and Edward had barely managed to fight off the first one together.

I felt Emmett sit beside me on the bed.
He set the tray of breakfast in front of me.
"I thought we were past me having to force you to eat." He attempted at a joke.

I just looked at him blankly.
How was he still here after all that I said to him?

"I'm so sorry." I whispered to him.

He shook his head. " You don't have to be sorry about anything."

"But I do. I'm causing so many problems for you and your family."

Emmett smirked. "Trust me, I've caused a lot more problems for myself and my family then you could ever imagine. Heck, I almost started a war with a whole pack of werewolves."

I just stared at him for a moment then I surprised even myself when I giggled and shook my head at him. "No way. There's no way you did that. Werewolves don't exist." It was one thing to try and make me feel better. But making something up as far fetched as werewolves was going way too far it was almost comical.

"Oh yes they do. Bella's daughter is actually married to one." Emmett spoke matter of factly in defence.

I cocked my head to the side and studied his all too serious expression. Well in his defence, he was really good at pulling off the whole 'brooding' thing.

"No way! Don't lie to me Emmett." I told him sternly.

He raised his hands in defence. "I wouldn't think of it. His name is Jacob and he had this huge crush on Bella and almost murdered Edward."

I laughed. There was no way he was serious.

I gave him a sceptical look. "So you're telling me, Bella's daughter's husband was once in love with Bella?" I asked, making sure to drop as much scepticism as I could in my words.