14

We all froze, staring at each other.

It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop on a mattress, the shock ran through us.

We sprung into motion at the same time, Karl throwing on clothes and Quackity hiding the lube and condoms quickly.

I started to pull together my outfit from earlier, doing up my belt quickly and throwing on my polo.

"Alex honey are you home?"

A female voice called and I heard stomping coming up the stairs.

Me and Quackity locked eyes momentarily before looking over to Karl who was in the rocking chair with his phone up to his face. He glanced over at us with a smirk and we took that as a sign to sit down.

"Alex?"

We sat down next to each other on the side of the bed, facing away from the door and we started friendly conversation about the physics teacher.

The door opened and we swung around to look at the short brunette lady that had just opened the door.

Her eyes flicked around the room before she tutted.

"Your room is a mess Alexis! And why aren't you in school?"

"I- uh, I'll clean my room later... and I'm not in school because I needed a break"
Quackity came up with on the spot.

She narrowed her eyes and looked at Karl who was on the chair, rocking back and forth slightly and looking straight back at her with his innocent eyes.

His phone glowed with whatever was on the screen, it was probably twitter or messages but it didn't matter.

She turned to look at me and I gulped, she couldn't know, could she?

"Alex come outside for a moment"
She stated, locking eyes with her son.

"Mom- please not while Nick and Karl are here!"
He pleaded.

"No. Come here"
She crossed her arms and stared him down.

"Fine..."
Quackity huffed and stood up, walking to his door.

———

I closed the door behind me, my heart was beating a million miles per hour as I followed her down the stairs to the living room.

She turned on her heels and looked me dead in the eye once we reached the middle of the room.

She looked angry, she was never usually like this unless she knew something was up.

"I don't know or even want to know what you boys were doing up there but I know for a fact that it wasn't just on your phone and talking. All I can say is I do not want you ever to do anything similar to what I think happened up there ever again. Your father and I told you we would be back a day later just in case we caught you in the act of something horrible, and it seems we did. Tell Karl to go home and you bring Nicholas home in your car. You disgust me"

I stood there, stunned. What the fuck?

"L-look I don't want to know what you thought we were doing but I'm not gay. I like women, nothing could change that. I know your views on gay people. I'm sorry if you thought anything was going on between us but it's just weird since they are my best friends. I'll take Nick home but please, don't be weird. I'll ask Karl to leave"
I lied through my teeth, it hurt to say that they were only my friends since I knew I didn't want that but she wouldn't take it very well if I did tell her we were together.

She huffed and dismissed me, pointing to the door.

I shuffled upstairs and poked my head around the door.

Karl and Sapnap pull away from a kiss quickly and let out a relieved sigh when they see it's me.

"Is everything ok? Does she know?"
Karl interrogates me.

"Not really, you guys have to leave. I think she suspects something but I'm not sure. Karl can you walk?"

"Uhm... funny story. No, not at all. You took that away from me"
He retorts and Sapnap snickers beside him.

"Right, Sap, carry Karl to the car. Make it seem playful, I'll drive you both home. I think she expects Karl to walk home since I haven't told her you two moved in together"
I say, making a solution quickly.

"Whatt~ you haven't told her we moved in together? It's been, what? 8 months?"
Sapnap purrs from beside Karl, playing with the taller mans hair.

I roll my eyes and gesture to the door.

"Fine fine... hop on bitch boy"
Sapnap chuckles from the bed and he stands up, letting Karl jump onto his back.

I go down the stairs, Sapnap and Karl following behind, perfectly playing the best friend-bickering role. I grab my keys from the hanger and say a quick goodbye to my mother before unlocking my car and watching Sapnap quite literally throw Karl into the back seat before jumping on top of him.

Karl lets out a shriek and I slam the door on them, climbing into the front and starting up the car.

I'm about to pull out of the driveway when my dad runs out, knocking on my window.

I roll it down and look at him with a smile.

"What's up?" I ask.

He hands me a small bag, I can't see what's in it but he just winks at me and nods to the two boys in the back that were slapping each others faces.

"I know, she doesn't. Be careful, 3 doesn't always work out"
He smiles at me before walking back to the house.

I roll up my window and move my attention to the small bag, turning on the light above me, I gasp, catching the other twos attention.

"What's wrong? What did your dad want?"
Sapnap asks

"Yeah, he didn't seem too bothered but still, what happened?"
Karl adds to Sapnaps recent statement.

I turn around to face them, my eyes wide as I pass them the bag.

I watch as Karl looks up and Sapnap meets my gaze as he sees the contents of the bag.

Two used condoms.