16

/QUACKITYS DAD/
I walked into the airy house and heard the door close behind me.

"I can't thank you enough, Karl. I don't really know if I'll go back to her so I didn't want to stay on the car. Thank you"

"Really, it's nothing. This house hasn't really been used so if you're interested in maybe renting it for a while I'm sure I could talk to the landlord about it" he reply's, I can hear the smile in his voice.

He's a good kid, I've always liked Karl. He never got Alexis drunk or drugged up like Nicholas does and he always try's his best to help him out.

I know he will take care of the two of them, definitely being the one to look out for them. I don't mind that Alexis is in a poly relationship, especially not with two men. I know he knows what he's doing, I've always known he was a little not straight per say.

"If... if you don't mind me asking, are you three officially together or are you still working it out?" I ask, curious to hear his answer. I turn around to look at him and his face is screwed up in a way that you know he's thinking.

"I think we are official but I'm not sure, I'd need to ask. You're the first person to really know" he reply's, handing me a spare key.

I nod, taking in the information.

"Can I tell you something? Maybe let you be the first to know one of my secrets, you can tell Alex and Nicholas if you want"

He smiles at me, "sure, go ahead"

"I used to be in a serious relationship with a man, the wife doesn't know since her brain would implode and she would die right on the spot"

He's still smiling, he never loses it, I think he's just that type of person.

"Good on you then" he says with a wink, leading me up the stairs and showing me the bedroom.

It's done up nicely, but I can still tell that it was a teenager that was recently in it.

The walls are a light grey and the floor is hardwood with a plant in the corner, some posters of a game I've seen Alexis play hang on the wall and there's a desk in the room too.

The wardrobe is small but I only have a few clothing ornaments so they will fit.

I put my bag on the floor and thank Karl again, he giggles and tells me again that it's nothing but it really isn't.

He tells me he's going to go down to the basement and turn on the heating and water pipes.

The house is really quite nice and I wouldn't mind moving in and buying it if the price is reasonable.

I don't want to go back in the morning, I don't want to be with her anymore.

I take out my phone and text Alexis a quick text, letting him know I'm safe in the house before opening up another string of messages.

———
/KARL/

I'm flicking some switches, turning on the heating and electricity.

I like Quackitys dad, he accepts us and even trusted me with a secret. A big one.

I hope that he gets away from his wife, I didn't like her. Not to be rude- she's a bitch. He just doesn't look happy with her.

Eventually there's a beep and it lights up the basement. I sigh and smile, standing back to look at the control panel.

———
(I KNOW ITS SHORT ITS A FILLER CHAPTER BUT IM BUSY RN AND I JUST NEED SOMETHING OUT IM SO SORRY, dnf next chapter?)