47/EPILOGUE/

/Alexis/
I was always confused why dad and daddy got so upset about the man I'm named after. I've never seen what he looked like or heard what happened to him, I just know it was on their wedding day.

I walk into the kitchen and pet Amber at Boo's feet before sitting down on the couch and looking up at the older man.

He looks back at me and sighs,"you want something, what is it?"

"I don't want to ask one of my dads so I'm asking you, you aren't scary like them"

A look crosses his face,"be nicer to them, they've gone through a lot more then you think. It would really hurt them if they knew their own son was talking about them like that" he ruffles my hair and I huff.

"Anyway, what do you want?" He puts down the book he was reading beside him and turns his full attention to me.

"Well... what happened to Alex? Their other boyfriend I mean-"

He cuts me off by putting his finger to my mouth.

"I can't tell you that, I can show you him though. Don't tell them I did, his old Instagram is still up"

He takes out his phone and types something. I watch his face as he does so and I notice that he tears up a little.

"God I miss him, he posted frequently so just scroll through those" he hands the phone to me  before quickly hiding his face the other way.

I check the dates from the posts and see some go even as far back as 2016.

He's a good looking man if I'm being honest, his face is symmetrical and he has good style.

I find a video, it's him and my dads together. My dads are skating and he's just standing there confused.

"I-I don't fucking know how people find this entertaining! AHH! Shit Karl don't kill me-" he laughs and my dad jumps off the skateboard and picks it up.

Something out of the corner of my eye brings my attention to the corner of the room, where I see my daddy standing at the doorway. He looks close to tears and I immediately mute the phone.

"Boo can I talk to you...?" He chokes out and looks to his feet.

"Nick I-"

"You aren't in trouble, I-I just want to talk for a moment" his voice is unsteady and it makes me wonder, how much did this man mean to him?

———

Uncle Boo was gone for a while and I rewatched that video the entire time. From the start to the kiss at the very end, they each shared a single kiss from each other and I couldn't help but notice the emotion in that one short kiss.

I'm only 9 but I can still tell when two or more people are in love and this was definitely love.

When daddy and Boo finally came back they sat down next to me and explained everything. From how they met to how they got together and finally to how he died.

Daddy refused to tell me somethings about how they got together but I'm not dumb, I know about sex and I know about hook ups. They definitely hooked up and just stayed together.

I feel like I should have noticed that Maldonado wasn't their real last names, they took his in honour of him then named me after him.

"You haven't met your other grandfather, you don't want to meet your grandmother on that side. We go and check on him every now and then to make sure he's coping fine. And that bad man Wilbur? Amber was his dog first, she's old now. We don't celebrate her birthday since we were married on her birthday, meaning that if we were to celebrate her birthday we would be celebrating a day everyone lost someone"

I nod and look over to the black and white dog, mainly white now but you could tell she was a coloured collie once.

"Do you think I could visit his grave next time you go with dad and Boo?" I can't help but feel curious about this ex-lover.

He hesitates,"s-sure. Uhm, just... be respectful. Please? Don't say anything to upset Karl or me even"

I nod and hug him,"he definitely loved you two, I saw some videos on his old Instagram and he really admired you"

Daddy sniffs and hugs me back.

"Thanks lad. Do you want to know anything else?" He asks and shares a glance at the taller man to his left.

"No... but can I meet that grandfather? Alex's dad. Is Alex technically my other dad too?"

"Yes and if you want him to be, just if you do meet his dad don't be insensitive about Q- Alex" he corrected himself quickly.

"Q?" I find myself questioning.

Daddy scratches the back of his neck,"fucking hell- I'm an idiot. Alexis was a twitch streamer, I'm not sure if you know what that was but it was like an app that you went live on and people could watch you. He was quite big, you could even call him famous if you wanted, he had 2 million followers and now apparently people found out about his death so he has something like 10 million. That was always his goal, atleast he hit it eventually"

He takes a breath.

"That game Minecraft? He streamed that, his username was Quackity so it's a habit to call him 'Q', you know? I played with him sometimes and Boo did too. Your dad also played but not as much as us, that's why he calls me 'Sap' sometimes. My username was 'Sapnap' and Boo's just caught on, 'Ranboo'. It's stupid I know but he was very happy when he streamed"

———