Ch189: Simon's Molehill

Though unemployment was rather new to him and a bit scary, Simon did have to admit it had its perks. For example, if he had woken up this morning at the crack of dawn to go serve coffee to strangers, he wouldn't have been able to enter his kitchen just before noon to witness his stunningly beautiful girlfriend dancing and singing along to her bluetooth speaker at the top of her voice. Izzy must have just taken a shower because her hair was wet, and she was wearing nothing but that velcro towel dress she loved so much. Simon couldn't help but stare in wonder at her. The bold contrast between her dark hair and pale skin stood out even more with her shoulders exposed, and despite the towel's effort to hide them Simon could see her curves hinted at as she moved to the music.

"But I can't stop the rush, and I can't give you up. No, I know you're no good for me. You're no good for me," Izzy sang while moving her hips to the music. Then she tilted her head back and began the chores while slowly running her hands down her body. "I fell in love with the Devil, and now I'm in trouble. I fell in love with the Devil

I'm underneath his spell. Oh send me an angel to lend me a halo. I fell in love with the devil, please save me from this hell."

It was just then that Izzy spun around and noticed Simon watching her. She promptly stopped dancing and her voice fell silent.

"Don't stop on my account," Simon chuckled, moving closer to wrap his arms around her. "You are beautiful when you dance."

"This isn't real dancing," Izzy argued, though accepting his embrace.

"Looked like dancing to me," Simon smiled.

"Real dancing is those classes I had as a kid," Izzy explained. Then she started counting them off on her fingers. "Waltzes, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Bolero, Rumba, Cha Cha, Tango..."

"I didn't know you had dance lessons as a kid," Simon smiled at her.

Izzy laughed. "I had every lesson under the sun," she continued. "Horseback riding, swimming, calligraphy, dancing, singing, you name it."

"That explains why your singing along to Avril Lavigne was so well harmonized," Simon beamed at her. "Though it doesn't explain why you chose that song."

"I just finished binge watching all of the new Lucifer episodes on Netflix," Izzy explained. "Felt like the appropriate song given Chloe's situation."

"Let me guess," Simon inquired. "She's in love with the devil?"

"Well duh," Izzy said, then continued with real energy. "Who wouldn't be in love with Tom Ellis! Like really? I just can't get over how gorgeous that man is! And then somehow when he's Lucifer he's even hotter! Like he was carved out of marble to be the perfect eye candy for women everywhere."

"Okay no one is that hot," Simon scoffed.

"Oh yes he is!" Izzy argued. "And I have proof." And just like that she was googling on her phone. "See," she said, holding the phone in front of his face.

Simon found himself looking at the picture of a guy getting out of a hot tub. He couldn't claim to be the best judge of male attractiveness, but even so he could tell the guy wasn't ugly.

"I thought those little side lines on guys hips were a myth," Simon mumbled. "Like a guy can't actually get his muscles to do that. It's gotta be photoshop."

"Trust me," Izzy said grinning lustfully. "Those are real."

"You can't know that from a picture," Simon argued.

"Oh, that isn't how I know," Izzy chuckled. Just then the toaster popped and Izzy turned away to get her toast. Simon made a mental effort to stop his thoughts in their tracks when he began wondering how Izzy knew.