Ch148: Alec's Dinner

Despite that fact that it was now Easter, Alec's mind was back on Valentine's day. His husband had pulled out all the stops: fancy clothes, restaurant, romancing to the bedroom. Just thinking about it made Alec smile. And he'd definitely rather think about their epic date night than focus on his textbook. What did he really need to know about collective agreements anyway? Why was there so much more homework later in the term? Graduation couldn't come fast enough.

"Urg," Alec groaned as he dropped his head down on the open textbook in front of him.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

"Is that all they're worth?" Alec asked, without lifting his head.

A light chuckle came in answer to this statement, followed shortly by the light touch of lips on his exposed neck.

"Hmmm," Alec sighed at his husband's touch.

"What is bothering you, my love?"

"School not over yet," Alec mumbled. "Can it be Valentine's day every day?"

"Graduation is just around the corner," Magnus replied. "Patience is a virtue."

"That I was born without," Alec whined.

"Well, since I can't help with the first one," Magnus said. There was something alluring in his voice. Intrigued, Alec lifting his head and was instantly kissed. "Happy Valentine's day, darling."

"It's Easter," Alec reminded him.

"Hey, I'm tired," Magnus chuckled. "Don't you have homework to do?"

"Yeah," Alec said, his shoulders slumped.

Still smiling, Magnus kissed Alec's forehead. "I'm off," he said. "Good luck with the studying."

"Thanks," Alec grumbled. "Gonna need it."

Alec did manage to get back to his homework after that, but only for about an hour. At which point he was interrupted by a text from his cousin who needed someone to complain to about the huge amounts of homework they were getting. Alec was only too happy to oblige her, even if it cut into getting said homework actually done.

By the time Magnus got home from work, Alec was totally and completely done with school work. He needed a break. Folding up his books and pushing them firmly away, Alec stood up with determination. He was stiff from sitting for so long and began pacing just to move his legs.

"How was work today?" Alec asked as his husband was closing the front door behind him.

"It's only work when you get paid," Magnus replied easily. "Saturdays I'm at the museum, remember?"

"Fine Mr. Specific," Alec sighed, rolling his eyes at his husband. "How was volunteering today then?"

"Excellent," Magnus smiled. "Much better than data entry."

"I wish you didn't have to work at a job you don't like," Alec sighed.

"You have a very skewed point of view," Magnus smiled. "The majority of the people work for money." He shrugged. "The paycheck is the point."

"Yeah, but I still think it would be better if you liked your job more," Alec replied.

"Well I don't hate it," Magnus smiled. "I've had jobs I hated before, this one's just boring I guess. You worry too much, and about the total wrong things, darling."

"Maybe," Alec sighed, moving closer to rest his head on Magnus's chest. He felt his husband's arms wrap around him and relaxed at once.

"Loves you," Alec whispered as he snuggled in closer.