Ch64: Simon's Epiphany

The way the black fabric hugged her skin drew his eye like a moth to the flame. Even the way she was standing was sexy, with such confidence and poise. Her short tight dress left little to the imagination. Simon's eyes roamed over her bare legs, up the curve of her hip, and focused on her chest for just long enough, that Simon realized he was staring. With a slight shake of his head, Simon looked up at her face to find Izzy grinning at him. Well, at least he hadn't insulted her with his gawking.

"Like my dress?" Izzy smirked. Simon just nodded. He was so out of his depth here. Why had he texted her? Why hadn't he just left well enough alone? Sure, he'd caught Clary and Jace being all lovey dovey, saying the silly word more times than strictly necessary, but that didn't mean Simon should be doing this.

"You do know why I gave you my number right?" Izzy asked. Simon nodded. He was almost completely certain this was only a booty call, which was probably why he'd avoiding texting her for so long. Should he tell her that he's a virgin, or maybe not? He barely knew her. Was he sure he wanted to do this?

"You've never done this before have you?" Izzy asked, and Simon froze. Was there a big 'VIRGIN' sign on his forehead? Was it a physical mark for all to see?

"You seem nervous," Izzy explained, when Simon didn't speak. "Sex with strangers isn't everyone's thing. I'd rather not leave, but I will if you want me to." And Simon realized she just thought he'd never had a one night stand before. Though this relaxed him, he found that he didn't like not being honest.

"I-" Simon began. "I've never done any of this before, not just the stranger part."

"Ah," Izzy spoke, inhaling sharply as if everything suddenly made sense. Had he been that obvious? "Well then it starts with intent." She slowly moved closer. "Then flirting," Izzy continued, taking another step forward while swaying her hips. "Touching." Now she was running her fingertips down his arms. "Kissing." She brought her fingers to his lips, gently putting pressure on them, and Simon felt a shiver move down his spine. He'd been attracted to Clary, but this was different. There was no affection here, no decade of emotional longing. His breathing was erratic, and he could feel that his body wanted her, even if his heart was unaffected. The next thing Simon knew, his hands were on her hips pulling her in as he whispered his consent in her ear. She grinned, clearly glad he hadn't sent her away.

"But before we do this," Izzy explained, suddenly taking a step back and holding out her hand, placing one finger on his chest. "You have to promise me something."

"What?" Simon asked, nervous and slightly stunned. His mind blank while also going through a million ridiculous demands at the same time.

"That you won't become some sappy puppy who follows me around everywhere," Izzy explained. "You have to promise not to fall in love with me."

"I'm in love with someone else," Simon explained. "And she's gone."

"Works for me," Izzy grinned, and then she was right up close to him again. He felt her hands under his shirt. Then she was pulling it over his head. Simon wanted to stop her. Feeling insecure about his appearance, he wanted to do this with his shirt on to cover his stomach, but it was far too late now. His shirt lay on the ground across the room where she'd throw it. So instead, Simon reached for the light switch and turned it off, plunging his dorm room into darkness.

"This is no fun," Izzy pouted. "Now, I can't see the way your eyes pop when you look at me." Simon didn't respond since she chose that moment to press her lips to his bare chest, sending shivers over his skin. Then he felt her whole body press closer to him, and finally her lips on his mouth. Simon's hands went around her, holding her close as he tried to not fail at kissing.