Ch. 1 Tattoo

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day and welcome back! Quick note, a lot happens this season so just expect long chapters. We're starting out with one that is 5000 words long.

RETURN
[3×01]

BOTH HALES WALKED INSIDE DEREK'S LOFT, THE ALPHA CARRYING THE BAGS. It had been a chaotic summer for Ayla Hale. She had barely set foot in the loft, always somewhere else.

Deaton had tried to help her learn about seers and how her visions worked. She wasn't sure how many books on old legends the veterinarian had given her, but she had read all as asked and tried whatever he thought would help her control her visions. She wasn't sure if she was really better at understanding any of it, but she was trying.

Then she had went to stay with her dad. She had honestly just been glad he wanted her to come spend the summer, given that the two hadn't talked much since her mom died. And it didn't help that the two had never really had a great relationship.

But they had checked out all the sites in New York- even though they had both seen them all multiple times- and binge watched Friends together at least three times during her stay. It was the only TV show they seemed to be able to agree on.

She hadn't really talked to any of her friends while she was gone. Allison and her weren't speaking after everything that had happened before the Argent left. Lydia was trying to remain neutral in their fight, so she would switch between them every week or so. Ayla didn't blame either of her friends, it just kind of hurt.

Piper had gone oddly quiet, not that Ayla had been responding much. Scott hadn't talked to her since she left. From what she knew, they weren't fighting for once. They just weren't talking.

The two people who had actually kept up contact were Isaac and Stiles. She wasn't sure if she could really count Stiles. The two mainly just sent random memes, jokes, and insults to each other. Isaac and her talked a good amount. The new beta would send her updates on how the search for Erica and Boyd was going. He would also just call her when he needed a peace maker. Leaving Derek, Peter, and Isaac to work together hadn't really been a smart decision on her part. Overall though, she was pretty sure Isaac just liked having a genuine friend for once.

"How'd things go?" Derek wondered as he led her towards her room.

Ayla shrugged. "Not bad. I expected us to fight more, but everytime we got sick of each other we'd both just end up locked in our rooms for a few hours," she told him. "I'm glad to be back though. And this place is starting to look pretty good." She glanced around the loft, before turning back towards him. "It does kind of suck that I still have to decorate my room though."

Derek smiled to himself. "I thought you wanted your own room," he reminded.

"I do. That doesn't mean not having it put together is any less annoying," she told him.

He opened the door and Ayla stepped inside, staring at the room in front of her. She had expected to find it empty other than a bed. That wasn't what she found. The walls were painted purple, everything else was decorated in different shades of blue and purple. She had a bookshelf that already had different journals stored on it, along with all the art supplies she had left behind. She also had a dresser and work desk. There were even lights hung on the ceiling like she had had in the last house she shared with her mother. What actually caught her attention though, was a pink, purple and blue flag that was hung above her bed.