Ch. 9 The Girl Who Knew Too Much

CORA
[3×09]

MUSIC QUIETLY PLAYED AS BOTH PIPER AND AYLA LAID ON THE HUMAN GIRL'S BED. The two of them were silent staring up at the ceiling now that Ayla had explained everything going on. The she-wolf had figured she might as well stay with the other girl with Derek still missing.

"So you chose to tell me all of this, why?" Piper asked.

Ayla shrugged. "Scott doesn't want to talk about becoming an alpha, and I feel like I'm betraying his trust or something if I tell anyone else," she explained.

"But I suck at keeping secrets," Piper reminded.

"Well, I don't see it staying a secret for much longer. He can't really hide the fact that his eyes have started turning red when he transforms," Ayla told her.

Piper nodded. "Why do you look so down then? Isn't the fact that the alphas aren't out for Derek a good thing?" she wondered.

"Ennis still died in the fight, so it doesn't matter. All this does is put Scott in more danger," Ayla told her.

Piper nodded, but she was frowning at the reminder that her girlfriend liked someone else. "Is that all your worried about?" she questioned.

Ayla shrugged. "I guess," she said.

"What does that mean?" Piper asked, giving her a look.

The she-wolf gave a sigh. "You know, I never even wanted to be alpha. It was just something everyone expected of me. Yet, here I am upset that I'm the one being passed over again," she told her.

"You weren't passed over. Peter stole the power, and then Derek did," Piper reminded.

"But Scott didn't. The universe just decided he deserved it," Ayla muttered.

"If you became alpha, then you would have the whole super pack after you," Piper told her.

Ayla shrugged. "I think I'd be okay with that," she admitted. Before she could elaborate, her phone beeped on the nightstand next to her. She picked it up, finding a message from Stiles. "We have to go," she realized.

|

Both girls arrived at the high school right behind Scott and Stiles. They got out of Piper's car, while Stiles got out of the jeep and Scott sat his helmet on his bike. "Where is she?" Stiles wondered, sounding panicked.

"Over here!" Lydia yelled, walking over to the others with Allison.

"Lydia?" Stiles asked.

"It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body," Lydia explained to him.

"I'm sorry, dead body?" Piper asked, sending Ayla a look. The she-wolf had just dragged her girlfriend out of the house, claiming she needed to meet the others at the high school.

"I still don't have a license or a car," Ayla reminded.

"Did you find a dead body?" Stiles asked the strawberry blonde.

"Not yet," Lydia admitted.

"Not yet? What do you mean not yet?" Stiles wondered. "Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."