Ch. 6 Orphaned

SEARCH
[4×06]

EVERYONE ELSE STAYED AT THE HIGH SCHOOL TO TALK TO THE POLICE, WHILE STILES AND AYLA TOOK BRETT TO THE ANIMAL CLINIC. Both Deaton and Derek met them there. They got Brett onto the table and out of his bulky lacross gear. The two Hales and Stiles were now trying to hold him still as he convulsed on the table. Yellow foam was coming from his mouth.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles asked, watching him in disgust.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible," Deaton told them.

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength," Derek snapped.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him," Deaton warned.

"You two hold his arms," Ayla told her uncle and Stiles. She place her hands on Brett's chest, trying to hold him still as Deaton lowered the scalpel towards him.

But of course the werewolf's eyes turned gold and he began to struggle when he saw the blade. He thrusted his arms out, throwing everyone backwards. He then ran for the door. He was stopped by Peter, who punched him hard enough to knock him out.

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself," he said.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little," Derek replied, glaring at his uncle. While the two were never on great terms, they were even worse currently. Ayla hadn't been there, but she had been informed by Derek that Peter had killed one of the assassins before they could get any answers. Derek was still a little pissed about it.

The she-wolf also glared at the man, at least till she caught sight of Derek's arm. Brett must have gotten him, seeing as three scratches ran across his arm. "Der," Ayla said, taking his arm. "This should be healing."

"Hey, Doc, I don't think he's breathing," Stiles called, having knelt down next to Brett. Deaton hurried over to the werewolf, making an incision in Brett's chest. The beta gasped as yellow smoke came out of the cut, but he seemed to be breathing normally once it was all out.

"Is he okay?" Stiles wondered.

"I think he'll be fine, but probably out for a while," Deaton answered.

Ayla turned back to Derek, seeing the scratches finally heal themselves. Both her and Peter watched him in concern, having noticed that something was off. But all three of the Hales turned back to Brett as he began mumbling something.

"Guys, can you hear that? I think he's saying something," Stiles told them.

"The sun... the moon... the truth," Brett said, repeating the words over and over.

"Three things that cannot long be hidden. The sun, the moon, and the truth. It's Buddhist," Deaton told them.

Ayla frowned. "Wait, I remember that saying," she told them.

"You should. It's taught by an alpha we once knew," Peter told her. "Satomi."

|

Everyone went home for the night, deciding that the other pack and other possible assassins were tomorrow's problem. But once the next morning came, Ayla decided that they were an after school problem. That was if she managed to actually get to school this morning.