Ch. 1 The Dark Moon

MEXICO
[4×01]

THE MUSIC WAS ALMOST DEAFENING AS AYLA MADE HER WAY OVER TO THE BAR. She hadn't actually been anywhere this loud since Danny left. That had been four months ago. Honestly, she hadn't really been anywhere over the past few months.

The last four months had been spent trying to find Derek and grieving her friends. She had been keeping up with Isaac and Ethan when she got the chance. Just making sure both were okay and staying safe. Surprisingly, the adult who had seemed the most concerned with the she-wolf's well-being had been Chris Argent. Anytime she talked to Isaac, the hunter was always in the background wanting to know how things were going. She'd just give him vague details, never really giving away how bad things were.

It wasn't like they had much going on beside looking for Derek and getting Malia under control of her new abilities. Other than that it was just school, and Ayla could handle that. What she wasn't handling was losing two friends and her uncle being missing.

Piper had called Chase after about three weeks of Ayla not knowing where she was sleeping at night. But after Ayla and him got into a fight and then her and the brunette, Piper had decided that it was best if she just let Ayla bounce around. To be fair, the she-wolf always ended up back with her after a few days. And if she wasn't with Piper, she was usually with Lydia. The two were the only ones who could really get the girl to have a conversation that wasn't just about their supernatural problems.

Piper had been pushing for her to spend some more time with Malia- even if the werecoyote didn't know they were related. But it was clear that the she-wolf was still distancing herself from people. Though she wasn't distancing herself from anyone the way she was distancing herself from Scott. The two hadn't said a word to each other unless it was pertaining to Derek or Malia.

Piper joined her ex at the bar, just as Ayla downed a shot. "That a good idea?" she wondered.

Ayla sent her a look. "Because werewolf tolerance won't kill my buzz within the next ten minutes?" she asked.

Piper rolled her eyes, glancing around at the crowded club. "You really think Derek's here?" she questioned.

The she-wolf frowned. "Hope so," she mumbled. Honestly, she didn't know what she would do if he wasn't. If he wasn't here, they had to start over again and it had taken them four months to get this close.

Piper frowned as well as she saw her ex's expression. She knew what was going on in the she-wolf's head. The Hale had already shut down once when they lost her two friends. Piper didn't know what would happen if she lost Derek, and she didn't want to find out.

"He'll be okay," she said.

Ayla nodded. "Yeah," she muttered. She glanced around the club, noticing the way that the Calveras had began moving around the place. "They know we're here," she realized.

"Meaning?" Piper asked, glancing around for her girlfriend and Malia.

"Meaning come with me," Ayla said. She took Piper's hand to keep from losing her as they moved into the crowd. Kira had already found Malia by the time the two reached them.

"Something's happening," the kitsune told them.

"We know," Malia told her.

"What do we do?" Kira wondered.