Ch. 2 More Bad Than Good

WERECOYOTE
[3×14]

GIVEN THAT SHE KNEW THE WOODS A LOT BETTER THAN THEY DID, MALIA QUICKLY ESCAPED THE TWO WEREWOLVES. Neither had any idea what they were supposed to do with her if they caught her anyway. So they ran back through the woods, trying to find Stiles again.

The three of them eventually ran into each other- quite literally. Both boys yelled in surprise and Ayla covered her eyes as Stiles shined the flashlight at them. "Oh," Stiles said as he realized it was just his friends. "I think I found something."

The werewolves glanced at each other. "So did we," Scott told him.

|

Stiles led them through the woods and into a small cave that seemed to have been inhabited. "It's a coyote den," Stiles explained.

"Werecoyote," Scott corrected.

They moved further into the small space and Stiles picked up what appeared to be a child's jacket. "See this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo," he told them.

A few other children's items were scattered around the cave, one of the them being a dirt covered teddy bear. Scott gently picked it up, before sitting it back in the correct spot. "We shouldn't be in here," he realized.

"What do you mean?" Stiles wondered.

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home," Scott told him.

"Our scent is everywhere. She won't risk coming back," Ayla added.

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know," Scott admitted.

"But we need to figure it out," Ayla told them.

"Can you two track her now? You think you've got her scent?" Stiles questioned.

The two werewolves frowned at each other. "I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back," Scott told them.

"The door's still open," Stiles muttered, referring to what Deaton had said. Apparently coming back from the dead had left a door to their minds open.

Ayla sighed. "I can try, but like he said, we're better when we're fully transformed. I'm best as an actual wolf," she told them.

"I thought you said you have problems turning back," Scott reminded.

She nodded. "I do," she admitted.

"But you can, right?" Stiles asked.

"I did the last few times, but all of those times I stayed in full control. Finding Malia might take a little less," she told them.

"Which would mean?" Stiles wondered.

"It means that if I track her, I can probably find her. Only then we may have two shape-shifters stuck in animal state," Ayla explained.