Ch. 8 Visionary

EYES
[3×08]

SOMEONE STILL DIED THAT NIGHT, IT JUST WASN'T DEATON OR DEREK. Kali came for Derek as they all knew she would. Stiles, Lydia and Cora turned the power back on, and the alphas must have realized things weren't going well. So Kali had made the twins help her grab both Derek and Boyd, and killed the beta.

No one knew where Derek was. He had left before Ayla could even get back to the loft to try to calm him down. Everyone was mourning the other werewolf, but especially the alpha and his sister. From how Isaac had described Boyd's death, Ayla knew there was no way Derek wouldn't blame himself. Cora was especially heartbroken, after spending months held captive with the other werewolf.

Ayla did what she usually did when suffering a loss. She didn't allow herself time to grieve for the beta that she had been partially responsible for. She instead threw herself into finding answers and ways to beat the alphas.

Piper was once again lost on what was going on and kept leaving worried voicemails for her girlfriend. A part of Ayla felt guilty for not really giving her answers. She just didn't know how to right now.

|Eight Years Ago|

Thunder boomed somewhere in the distance, making the eight year old little girl at the window flinch. Ayla frowned, staring out at the dark trees around her home.

"Now what are you doing up?" The small girl almost shrieked at the voice, having not expected anyone to come into her room. She turned to meet her mother, who was smiling in amusement.

"They're hunting," Ayla realized, turning back towards the window. She could see beams of light break through the trees every once in a while, revealing the hunters hidden in the woods.

Laura Hale frowned as she joined her daughter at the window. "They won't come any closer. They know not to," she assured her, running her fingers through Ayla's tangled dark hair.

"But not all of us are inside," Ayla remembered.

Laura sighed. "Don't worry about my little brother. Talia already sent Peter out to find him," she told her. Ayla continued to frown as she looked out the window. So without another word, Laura smiled and easily grabbed the girl off the ground. Ayla gave a cry of surprise, before laughing as her mother began carrying her across the room. "But as for you, it's way past your bedtime and you have school in the morning," Laura reminded, laying her daughter on the bed.

Ayla sighed, but didn't complain as Laura pulled the blankets over her.

|Present|

There was only one person who they could think of that had information on the alpha pack. And there was only one person who could get them to him. Both Scott and Ayla stood outside the door with Allison. The Hale gave a sigh, not wanting to go inside. "You don't have to come with us," Scott reminded her.

Ayla shook her head. "I want to hear this," she told him.

She gave Allison a nod and the Argent opened the door. Inside, Gerard sat in a wheelchair, his back to the teenagers as he stared out the window. "Did you bring him?" he asked his granddaughter.