Ch. 8 Time of Death

THE PLAN
[4×08]

AFTER THE EVENTS AT THE HIGH SCHOOL, THEY HAD DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO END THIS DEADPOOL. And Scott had about the worst possible plan to do it. Ayla hated it- something she had voiced multiple times now. It wasn't that the others disagreed, they just weren't fighting the alpha nearly as much as she was. But she still stood in the kitchen with him, Stiles, Kira, Liam and Piper.

"Is three enough?" Kira wondered, glancing at the three laptops they had laid out on the table.

"Depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so," Stiles told them.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam wondered.

"Hopefully not," Ayla muttered.

Scott sent her a look. "We're doing it. Tonight," he told the betas.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asked.

"It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic," Stiles told him.

"Thank you, Velma," Ayla told him.

"You're welcome, Scrappy," he said. Ayla glared at him for the nickname, and he just glared back.

Liam glanced between the two in confusion, before turning to the alpha. "Have you guys done something like this before?" he inquired.

"Something dangerous or something idiotic?" Stiles wondered.

"Because we've done both," Ayla told him with a forced smile.

"I mean, two people here died for sixteen hours and came out of it fine," Piper reminded.

"Huh?" Liam asked.

Ayla shook her head. "We're- we're not getting into that today. Because I physically and mentally can't at this point," she told him.

Liam looked down at the table, clearly not liking this. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to," Scott told him.

"I'm not scared," Liam told them.

"Then you're borderline idiotic," Stiles responded.

"We're all borderline idiotic for considering this, and we're actually idiotic for going through with it," Ayla said.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to either," Scott reminded her.

Ayla looked at him, sighing. "As I've said, you may be an idiot, but you're my idiot. I'm doing this if you are," she told him.

"Yep, still disgusting," Piper muttered. Ayla turned around to send her a look as she smirked at her friend.

"If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" Stiles asked them.

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira wondered.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation is required," Scott explained.

"Simon said the same thing," Stiles added, referring to the man that had been at the PSAT. The guy who had infected everyone with the ink they used to put their thumb prints on the test booklet. He had then tried to kill Stiles when he couldn't find any of them. Scott's father had shot him in the head before he could do the same to Stiles, hence Ayla's vision of her friend covered in blood. "He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."