Ch. 6 Motel California

A/N: Due to the mature theme of the chapter, reader discretion is advised.

WOLFSBANE
[3×06]

THE SUN HAD SET BY THE TIME EVERYONE GOT OFF THE BUS TO STOP FOR THE NIGHT. They all looked out at their home for the night. An ancient looking, run-down motel.

"I've seen worse," Scott told them.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asked him.

"Have you seen the inside of Hale House? I have lived in worse," Ayla informed him. Stiles sent her a look, but the she-wolf was just staring at the place with a look of disgust. They all knew she had hated living at Hale House last school year.

Coach blew his whistle, gaining everyone's attention. "Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely," he told them, holding out the room keys.

Ayla turned to Piper, knowing that Allison and Lydia would most likely pair up. The couple hadn't hardly spoken to each other since their earlier conversation, and Ayla wasn't so sure if Piper would actually want to room with her after it. But the brunette just sighed. "Go get the key," she told her. Ayla grinned and grabbed a room key from Finstock.

"And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants," he told everyone as all the teenagers headed off to their rooms.

|

Both girls dropped their bags as they entered their room. Piper headed into the bathroom, while Ayla walked over to one of the beds. She pulled back the sheets, and was extremely relieved when nothing came scuttling out. She put the comforter and sheets back, before flopping back on top of them.

Piper walked out of the bathroom and turned to her girlfriend. "There's a dead cockroach in the shower," she told her.

"There's none in the bed," Ayla told her. She frowned as her werewolf hearing worked a little too well for her liking. "In this one at least," she added, looking at the other bed in disgust.

Piper groaned and walked over to the bed her girlfriend was laying on. She laid down next to her, both staring up at the ceiling.

"Am I a horrible person?" Ayla wondered after a moment.

"What? For having feelings like everyone else on the planet?" Piper asked, turning her head to send the other girl a look. "You didn't actually think we were going to be the old cat ladies we planned to be, did you?"

Ayla grinned. "I never agreed to the cats," she reminded.

"If we ever get married, we are getting a cat!" Piper argued.

"It will hate me," Ayla snapped.

"You do not know that," Piper told her. Both laughed at themselves.

"Do you still have that notebook?" Ayla wondered.

"You mean the one that we planned out our whole lives in when we were thirteen? How could I ever get rid of that?" Piper asked, making her girlfriend chuckle. After a second, Ayla released a sigh, staring up at the ceiling. Piper nudged her shoulder, making her turn towards her. "Dude, we were thirteen. We knew it was never going to go as planned," she reminded.