Ch. 3 Fireflies

HUNT
[3×03]

THE TWO HALES LEFT THE FORMER COUPLE ALONE TO TALK FOR A MOMENT. They didn't find any alphas, but Ayla led her uncle to where they could find a corpse. She didn't walk inside, instead letting Derek go in alone.

He dealt with Erica's body- Ayla decided not to ask. Scott went home to change and then the three of them went out into the woods to try to find Cora and Boyd.

Scott and Ayla were now standing together in the woods while Scott talked to Derek on the phone. The three had split up- Derek going by himself while the two of them tried to stick together. Ayla considered herself to be a pretty good fighter and strong for her size, but Boyd was still over twice her size. She didn't exactly want to end up in a fight alone right now.

"You lost them?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, we kind of had to," Scott told him.

"Wasn't exactly the plan," Derek reminded.

"I know, which is why I think that we should stick together. Trust me, he's too strong, too fast, and way to angry for any of us to handle alone. We've got to do this together," Scott told him.

"Look, I'm at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you two meet me here?" Derek wondered.

"Yeah, just got to drop something off first," Scott said. He looked down at the little boy currently clinging to his side, and the little girl currently clinging to Ayla's. The she-wolf was pretty sure both kids were going to need several years of therapy after her and Scott had had to save them from a kill-crazy Boyd.

|

The three werewolves met up and began tracking the other two together. They came to a stop after running for a while, noticing a track in the mud.

"Is it them?" Scott wondered.

"We're not the only ones who decided to stick together," Derek told him.

"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?" Scott asked.

"Easier to track. The catching part is a little questionable," Ayla told him.

"Derek, we saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone they find?" Scott asked.

"Everyone and anyone," Derek told him, before running off to follow the two betas trail.

|

The three of them decided to call in backup in the form of Isaac. The four of them eventually found Cora, who was about to rip apart a teenage girl on a camping trip. But while Cora was kill-crazy, she apparently wasn't stupid. As soon as she realized she was outnumbered, she took off into the woods again.

They stopped again after a while, but this time it was because Stiles had called. Ayla wasn't sure how that took precedence over finding Boyd and Cora, but she needed a break from running anyway.

"Are you sure?" Scott asked Stiles. The human had been called by Lydia after she somehow ended up at the city pool and found a dead body there.