Ch. 7 Currents

CHOICES
[3×07]

EVERYONE EVENTUALLY GOT HOME FROM THE CROSS-COUNTRY MEET. They found out that Derek was in fact alive and had healed up while they were gone. He was still punched by his niece for once again making her believe he was dead for several days.

The murders were still going on according to Stiles, who somehow felt that it was appropriate to text someone that yet another corpse had been found the night before and two doctors were missing. Scott and Isaac were apparently guarding Melissa out of fear that she could become one of the sacrifices.

Ayla, however, had the feeling that things were about to go insane once again. So she had ended up deciding to stay in and research ritual sacrifice with Piper. Both had also made plenty of jokes about how weird their date nights had gotten.

Between homework from missing school to go to the meet, research and breaks to watch Wall-E- one of Piper's favorite movies- the two had fallen asleep. Different drawings from visions Ayla had had, homework assignments, and books Ayla had gotten from Deaton were scattered around her otherwise clean room. Well, if you ignored all of that and the cabinet that paints, brushs, canvases, sketch books and other art supplies were overflowing from, it was clean.

In typical Ayla and Piper fashion, the Hale was sleeping peacefully on her side while Piper invaded it to be close to her. But both were rudely awakened by the sound of the alarm going off. Piper frowned as she rubbed her eyes. "What the hell is that?" she wondered.

"Someone's here," Ayla explained, standing up. Piper cautiously followed the other girl out of the bedroom. They made their way into the main room, to find Derek and Cora.

"What does it mean?" the younger of the two Hale siblings asked. Everyone followed Cora's gaze. Derek moved closer to the large windows as they all saw the same symbol painted on them that had been painted onto the door of Hale House only a few months ago.

"It means they're coming. Tonight," Derek told them.

|

After leaving Piper to get ready for school, Ayla walked into the main room to talk to her uncle. "I should stay here and help you," she told him.

Derek shook his head, turning to face her. "No, you're going to go to school with Piper," he told her.

"Derek, I can't just go and pretend everything is fine when someone is coming to kill you tonight," Ayla reminded. She sighed. "I already lost Mom. I'm not losing you too, okay?"

Derek frowned. "I'll try to come up with something. Just go to school like normal while I do," he told her.

Ayla looked at him for a moment, but she knew that he would only keep arguing. And to be honest, she wasn't sure what help she would be at coming up with a way to stop the alphas tonight. She turned to leave, only to stop when he called after her.

"Also, I'm trying not be the strict guardian here, but I don't want anyone staying here. Including Piper," he told her.

Ayla sent him a look. "You've met her parents. And I'm going to say this in the most G-rated way possible, but you should realize by now that we're going to do whatever we want to do whether she sleeps over or not, right?" she asked.

Derek sighed, not needing the reminder. "She's not safe here, okay?" he wondered. "The alphas got inside this morning with none of us noticing. You know as well as I do that she shouldn't be here." Ayla raised an eyebrow at him. "And yes, the other reason," he snapped.