Ch. 4 Illuminated

A/N: The chapter you have all been waiting for. I may have rushed a bit on editing just to post this this week.

HALLOWEEN PARTY
[3×16]

THEY HAD SUCCESSFULLY RESCUED KIRA, BUT HADN'T SUCCESSFULLY AVOIDED THE COPS. All six teenagers sat across from the Sheriff and Rafael McCall. The Sheriff was patiently sitting at his desk, not asking any questions. He was just going along with what the FBI agent wanted.

"So when did you get there?" Agent McCall asked.

"At the same time," Stiles answered.

"At the same time as who?" he wondered.

"At the same time as me," Scott said.

"By coincidence?" his father asked him.

"What do you mean by coincidence?" Stiles wondered.

"That's what I'm asking you. The four of you arrived at the same time," the man told them, gesturing to both boys, along with Piper and Ayla. "Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he's asking me," Stiles corrected.

"I think he's asking all four of us," Ayla told him.

"Okay, let me answer the questions," Rafael told the teenagers.

"Well, then I have a question. Are you really gonna make her sit here through your entire little inquisition? Because if you haven't noticed, she most likely has a concussion and hasn't had any medical treatment or even been offered it," Ayla informed the man as she gestured to Piper. The brunette hadn't complained this whole time, but she seemed to be nodding off and even Ayla wasn't so sure if sleep was a good idea right now.

The FBI agent frowned at the Hale, but turned to the Sheriff. Stilinski stood up from his desk. "Come with me," he told her. Everyone watched her leave the room. All of the teenagers had worry in their eyes as she did so.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town," Mr. McCall said.

"Sounds about right," Stiles agreed.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" the agent asked.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" Stiles wondered. His father walked back in at that time and went back to his desk.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles," the man told him.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement," Stiles told him, winking at his father.

Even the Sheriff couldn't hold back a laugh at their crappy story. He quickly tried to cover it up with a cough. "Stiles, just, uh, just answer the man," he told him.

"We made a good guess," Stiles said.

"What were the four of you doing there?" Mr. McCall asked, turning to the three teenagers who had had dinner together.

"Eating sushi," Scott answered.

At the same time, Kira responded with, "Eating pizza."

Ayla sighed. "That sounds like a total lie, but we were eating sushi and then we got Scott pizza because he hated it," she explained.