Ch. 7 Weaponized

VIRUS
[4×07]

AFTER GETTING BRAEDEN INTO THE CAR, DEREK TOOK HER TO THE HOSPITAL. Malia and Ayla headed to Scott's house to let the alpha know what had happened, and see if he had had better luck today.

Both girls were soaked from the rain outside as they walked through the house. Malia gave a knock on the door, before throwing it open. Ayla followed her into the room. "We found Satomi's pack," the werecoyote informed her boyfriend and Scott. "Us and Derek. But they're dead."

"All of them?" Scott asked.

"All of the ones we found," Malia said.

"But we didn't exactly stay to take a head count," Ayla added.

"Then where's Derek?" Stiles asked.

"At the hospital," Ayla told him. "We found Braeden with the pack, but she's not looking good."

|

Given that all four teenagers had the PSAT the next morning, both Stiles and Malia headed home pretty quickly after all of them talked. But since Derek was at the hospital with Braeden still and she didn't feel like going home to the empty loft, Ayla stayed at the McCall house for a little longer.

She had changed out of her rain soaked clothes and into some of Scott's dry clothes. The two were currently sitting on Scott's bed talking about their crappy days. The she-wolf had been resting her head on the alpha's shoulder but now sat up to look at him.

"Why didn't you call me?" Ayla wondered.

Scott frowned, knowing he had no response that she would like. "I got in a rush?" he said.

He had gotten a call that morning from Garrett, informing him that he either had to help get Violet- the girl who had attacked Ayla- out of jail or let Liam die. He had of course then gone to do whatever the assassin wanted to protect the new beta. Only in the end, they had all been attacked by Kate and the berserkers. Scott was still alive because he had gotten help from Chris Argent, but both the teenage assassins had been killed.

To begin with, he had been in too much of a rush to call the she-wolf. When he actually realized that he might need backup, he honestly hadn't wanted to call her. He knew Ayla would rush to help him the minute he asked, but he also knew that Liam was actually his responsibility, not hers.

"Scott," Ayla scolded.

"I'm sorry, okay?" he asked.

"I know you're the alpha, but this pack is still my responsibility too. Including Liam," she reminded.

Scott looked at the she-wolf, nodding. "If someone is dying, I'll tell you next time, okay?" he asked, smiling at her.

Ayla sent him a look, but nodded. "Good," she said, laying her head on his shoulder again. She felt him place a kiss against her head as she did so.

"You okay?" he wondered.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Ayla mumbled. She frowned as she remembered the bodies they had found. "Scott, whatever took out that pack... it was bad."