Ch. 3 Galvanize

A/N: Just to put it out there, the first few Lucy scenes come off a little out of place in my opinion. He wasn't going to be part of this story originally, but then I decided to just add him in. He's more for comedic effect, but he'll have some important moments.

Also, fun fact: I originally planned for Aidan to be one of Ayla's love interests.

BARROW
[3×15]

AYLA AND PIPER REALLY NEEDED TO SET STANDARDS FOR WHAT QUALIFIED AS AN EMERGENCY. The she-wolf had spent pretty much all of her energy shifting and shifting back, along with healing from getting caught in the bear trap. She would have much rather just stayed at Scott's house and forced both him and Isaac to watch Mama Mia! with her. But instead, she had ended up at Piper's house.

Once at her ex's house, Ayla had learned what the supposed emergency was. It was a small, fluffy, gray kitten that Piper had almost hit on her way home. She had then noticed that it was limping and decided she needed to check on it. That had been when she panicked and texted her ex.

The two of them were now standing in the animal clinic. Ayla was holding the small animal as Deaton checked it over.

"You owe me coffee for this," Ayla told the other girl as she leaned against the table.

"I'll get you a frappuccino on the way home," Piper agreed.

"And a chocolate chip cookie," Ayla informed her, grimacing as Deaton checked the cat's front left leg. Black veins crawled up the she-wolf's wrist as she held the kitten still.

Piper frowned, noticing the other girl's pain. "Is he okay?" she wondered.

"I'd say it's a minor injury. He should be fine in a few days," Deaton told them. The little creature had been avoiding walking on that leg, which was why Piper had insisted on taking it to the vet. The vet let go of the animal and straightened.

With him stepping away, the animal turned its attention to Ayla again. It gave a hiss. It clearly didn't like the werewolf- not that she was it's biggest fan at the moment.

"He didn't have a chip. He's most likely a stray," Deaton told them.

Piper looked at the cat and Ayla knew exactly what she was thinking- or at least she thought she did. "Your mom won't let you keep it," she reminded.

"I never said I thought I should keep him," Piper told her.

Ayla frowned as she realized what the other girl was implying. "No," she snapped.

"Please!" Piper pleaded.

"I'm literally a werewolf and you think I should have a pet cat?" Ayla asked.

"He's cute," Piper told her.

"He hates me," Ayla argued.

"He needs to get used to you," Piper disagreed.

"I'm not keeping him," Ayla snapped.

"But then he has to go to a shelter and could get put down, and do you really want to cause a poor, innocent kitten's death?" Piper asked.

Ayla shook her head and turned to Deaton. "Please help me," she begged.

He gave her a shrug. "This is your battle," he informed her.