Ch. 10 De-Void

BODY AND MIND
[3×22]

THE SUN HAD SET BY THE TIME THE FOUR TEENAGERS ARRIVED AT THE LOFT. They could hear gunfire as they rushed into the building.

Ayla was the first to run into her home, but all four came to a quick halt as they realized both Chris Argent and the Sheriff had guns aimed at them. Both men relaxed as they saw it was just them. From their defensive stances, it was clear both men, Allison and Derek had just been in a fight. The four of them stood around the room.

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"They disappeared. They literally just vanished," Allison told them.

"And so did Stiles," the Sheriff added.

|

They knew there wasn't much else they could do for Stiles tonight. His father went home for the night- most likely to pour over all of his son's things in hopes of a clue. The Argents went home to rest and try to come up with another plan.

Scott was still with the Hales when Piper and Kira left. The human girl drove both herself and Kira back to her house. She quickly snuck the kitsune back to her bedroom, not really wanting to deal with her mother tonight.

Kira looked around curiously at the other girl's home. She knew all the others tended to avoid the place. Piper and Ayla had said as much. But she didn't really see anything off. It was a normal house. Not overly decorated, but not empty. They had the necessary furniture, even if they lacked any decorations or pictures. The only one Kira spotted on her way in was a photo that she figured was of Piper and her mom.

"Thanks for letting me stay. I just didn't want to go home yet," Kira said as Piper shut the door behind them. "I feel like I don't even know them anymore."

"Yeah. No offense, but I'm really not one to ask for parental advice," Piper told her. Kira rolled her eyes. The brunette went to her dresser, opening the top drawer. Piper frowned as she looked down at the contents. "Uh, you can borrow some pajamas if you want. They all have cartoon characters on them, unfortunately."

Kira smiled in amusement. "I'm okay," she decided.

"Yeah, that's probably a good thing," Piper agreed. She walked over to her bed, dropping onto it. Kira stood there, awkwardly, for a moment, before coming to sit down beside her. "Oh, umm, I can sleep on the couch if you want me to. I do it half the time anyway," Piper offered as she realized that they would have to share the bed otherwise.

Kira quickly shook her head. "No, it's fine," she told her.

"Are you sure? Because I can seriously just sleep there. I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything," Piper told her, beginning to ramble a bit.

"Piper," Kira said, grabbed the other girl's hand. Piper turned towards her, and the kitsune smiled in amusement. "I don't want you to sleep on the couch."

Piper reluctantly nodded, not tearing her eyes away from Kira's. "Okay," she agreed.

The two looked at each other for a moment, before Kira slid back on the bed. She laid down, and Piper reluctantly laid down next to her. Summoning what little courage she had, the brunette leaned forward and kissed the kitsune. Kira immediately kissed her back. Only it didn't go further than one kiss due to the ball of grey fur that suddenly pounced onto Piper's legs.