Ch. 4 The Benefactor

THE LAKE HOUSE
[4×04]

OF COURSE, THE FIRST PERSON IN THE PACK TO LEARN THAT THE TWO WEREWOLVES WERE BACK TOGETHER WAS LYDIA. The banshee was too invested in Ayla's love life for the she-wolf to hide it long.

Piper found out next. Ayla had came over to her house and had just finished catching her up. They were now sitting on the brunette's bed together as music played in her room. Ayla sang the lyrics under her breath as she finished gluing on the set of black nails she had gotten.

"So you two are finally back together?" Piper asked. She was holding Lucifer, trying to put animal-safe blue nail polish on his claws. She had found it online, much to Ayla's dismay.

"Maybe," Ayla said as she tried to hide her smile.

Piper grinned as she saw her ex's face. "If I wasn't so happy that you're happy, I would be disgusted," she admitted.

Ayla rolled her eyes. "Look, you were right. I'm scared of losing him. But he's in my life whether I'm with him or not, and I can't stand the idea of seeing him every day and not being with him," she explained.

"Oh, thank God. You're back to just disgusting me," Piper told her.

Ayla rolled her eyes. "You want to talk about disgusted? Sweetie, I had to sit in the back with you and Kira in the jeep during the entire trip to Mexico," she reminded.

Piper's face tinted red. "We... we did nothing wrong," she argued.

"Really?" Ayla asked, laughing at her friend.

|

The pack met up outside the high school by the buses the next day to talk. Tonight was a full moon, which was pretty simple usually. They just took Malia out to Lydia's lake house and chained her up in the basement. Everyone else just kind of hung out and made sure she didn't get lose. Typically, Piper would force whoever wasn't on werecoyote babysitting duty to watch movies with her. The point was, they had had things figured out.

They no longer had things figured out. Apparently, things had gone very badly after Scott left the high school the night before. Not only was the boy from the family that had been murdered a wendigo who ate people, but the axe murderer had shown up to kill him. Both Scott and Liam had ended up caught up in the fight, and somehow in all of that mess, Scott had ended up biting the freshman. That meant they had a brand new, baby werewolf to deal with.

"I'm not sharing my basement," Malia told them.

"Actually, it's my basement," Lydia reminded. "And my mom noticed how you tore it up last time."

"All right. She's still learning," Stiles told the banshee.

"But we're going to use the boathouse for Liam. It's got support beams. We can chain him to one of them," Scott told them.

"But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us?" Kira wondered.

"I say if it keeps him from murdering someone, we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake," Stiles told them.

"I'm in!" Malia agreed.

Ayla smacked Stiles upside the back of the head. "Ow! Why do you only hit me?" he asked.