Ch. 8 Echo House

ROBBERY
[3×20]

KNOWING THAT WHAT DEATON HAD GIVEN HIM WAS TEMPORARY, STILES DECIDED TO CHECK HIMSELF INTO A MENTAL INSTITUTION. He was staying at Eichen House until they could find a way to get rid of the nogitsune. Which, of course, meant all of his friends were even more motivated to find a solution. All of them hated the idea of him being there by himself.

"Did you find any trouble with Ikeda?" Chris Argent asked. He was still in police custody- along with Derek- so he was talking to his daughter, Scott, Ayla and Deaton over the phone. The four of them were currently at the animal clinic as they tried to figure out their next move.

"Only minor. The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be. But we have two problems now. First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days," Deaton told them.

"But while it does work, the oni won't go after Stiles, right?" Chris asked.

"I hope. Eichen House has an unusual history. It might not be all that safe for the oni there as well," Deaton replied.

"What's the second problem?" Argent questioned.

"I checked with your contacts in Japan. The yakuza boss you saw killed by the oni never found the scroll," Deaton told him.

"What scroll?" Scott wondered.

"A Shugendo Scroll. The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan," Deaton explained.

"The scroll had information on how to exorcise a nogitsune," Argent added.

"Exorcise? We're giving our best friend an exorcism? Wonderful," Ayla muttered.

Both Scott and Allison frowned at her. All of them hated this. This was still Stiles, after all. None of them wanted him to somehow end up getting hurt while they tried to help him.

"So we need to find that scroll?" Scott asked.

"Exactly. And I did get the name of the man who last purchased it. Kincaid," Deaton told them.

"He was with Katashi. He's the guy who met with Isaac to buy the gun," Allison informed them.

"Sounds like Katashi wanted the scroll for himself," Deaton guessed.

"But Stilinski already told me nothing like it was found among his things. And a paranoid like Katashi would keep it close. Probably on him at all times," Argent told them.

"What does a Shugendo Scroll look like?" Allison wondered.

Deaton stood up from the reception desk he was sitting at and went to a cabinet behind him. He opened the top drawer, pulling out a scroll. Ayla decided not to question why he had a random, ancient looking scroll tucked away in an easily accessible drawer. "Something like this," he said.

Allison took the scroll from him. "Do these come in different sizes?" she asked.

Ayla crossed her arms over her chest, a little confused by this conversation. "Any size," Deaton answered.

"Then I think I know where it might be," Allison announced.

|

Given that they had no idea how this plan would go, they figured it was best that they called in everyone. Well, everyone available with Derek and Argent still being in police custody and Isaac in the hospital.