Ch. 9 Perishable

A/N: Ayla's dress for the bonfire above.

BONFIRE
[4×09]

THERE WAS ONE NAME ON THE DEADPOOL THAT HAD BEEN CONFUSING ALL OF THEM. Jordan Parrish, a deputy they had all spoken to at some point. The man had seemed completely normal. At least till another deputy found the deadpool and decided to try to burn Parrish alive. Yet, he was currently standing in front of Scott, Derek and Lydia inside the loft.

The former alpha checked over Parrish's hands, but there was absolutely no sign that the man had been burned alive.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked him.

Parrish nodded and Derek dropped his hands. "It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead," Lydia said.

"Well, they should be gone," Derek told her.

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone," Parrish told him.

"Not if you're like us," Scott informed him.

"Like you?" Parrish asked.

"I don't think he's like us," Derek told the alpha.

Ayla chose that moment to walk back in with Lucifer in her arms. She placed the cat at the deputy's feet. Lucy gave a rather loud hiss, and tried to run from him. He accidentally ran towards Scott and Derek, before turning and running to Lydia instead. The banshee smiled as the feline rubbed up against her legs. She picked him up, having gotten used to the usually grumpy cat over the past few months.

"He's something. Lucy is never wrong," Ayla told them.

"Then what is he?" Lydia wondered.

"Sorry, but I have no idea," Derek admitted.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira," Scott reminded.

"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary," Derek told him. "Did you try Argent?"

"He kinda fell off the radar after being forced to once again contemplate murdering his sister for us," Ayla explained.

"Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary? And why is someone considering murder?" Parrish wondered.

Ayla sighed. "That last part was sarcastic, or we're going to say it was at least," she told him.

"Actually, I don't even care. Just tell me one thing, are all of you like Lydia?" he asked. The banshee raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you all psychic?"

"Psychic?" Derek inquired.

"Yeah," Parrish told him.

"Not exactly," Scott said.

"Uh, actually, I kind of am," Ayla put in, raising her hand. "But I prefer the term seer over psychic."

"Okay, then what are you?" Parrish asked the alpha.

Scott glanced at the Hales, who both shrugged. "Why hide it now?" Ayla wondered. Both her and Scott turned to the deputy with glowing eyes.

|

At this point they really just needed to print out an explanation for people to read. It would waste less time than trying to explain everything to every newcomer to their complicated world.