Ch. 11 A Promise to the Dead

FIRST DATE
[4×11]

MUSIC BLASTED THROUGHOUT AYLA'S ROOM, DESPITE THE LATE HOUR. This had became pretty normal. With Braeden staying there, she had figured it was better to just keep her music playing than to risk hearing something she didn't want to. Plus she just liked having music on when she was painting.

The she-wolf rarely ever found the time to paint or the motivation, but she had three completed canvases leaning against her wall currently. She tended to paint when she was avoiding something. Currently that something was her boyfriend who she had had sex with and who had said "I love you" in the same night. The two hadn't talked much since Ayla had snuck out in the morning without ever saying it back.

So she painted. She never really knew where a painting was going till she finished. The canvas on the easel was half done, but she still had no clue what exactly it was. She would figure it out later. Right now she was dancing around her room as her music continued to play. She spun around only to stop dancing as she saw the way Lucifer was looking at her from her bed.

"Don't judge me, Lucy. You have no clue about any of my problems," she told him. Though, he actually did. Ayla had a tendency to ramble about anything bothering her to the cat.

Her phone began to ring on her bed and she walked over to pick it up. She frowned as she saw who it was, and that it was already twelve-thirty at night. She sighed and put the phone to her ear. "It's a school night," she reminded.

"Yeah, and you're awake too," Liam replied.

Ayla frowned. "Yes, but you're kind of my responsibility, so I still have to tell you that you should be sleeping," she told him. She heard him sigh and sat down on her bed, figuring this might take a minute. "What's wrong?" she wondered.

"Scott mentioned you see things sometimes," he told her.

"Yeah, and?" she asked.

"Does it ever keep you up?" he wondered.

Ayla scoffed. "Definitely," she answered.

"What do you when it does?" he inquired.

Ayla glanced over at Lucifer, who was falling asleep curled up in her quilt. "I hug my cat," she said.

Liam was silent for a moment, having been expecting a different answer. "Anything else?" he asked.

"It kind of depends. Usually I just hold Lucy and kind of use him to keep track of what's real. Other times I use people. Sometimes I can't really keep track. I just have to get it all out or else it seems like I'm just slowly spiraling into insanity," she admitted.

"How do you get it out of your head?" Liam wondered.

Ayla thought for a moment, before shrugging. "I figure out what I'm seeing," she told him. She sighed, knowing there had to be a reason for his questioning. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks," he told her.

She nodded. "Get some sleep, Liam," she told him and hung up. She looked over at her painting. She frowned as she noticed something. She walked over to it, carefully turning it onto its other side. Like this, it looked like a berserker. Ayla studied the painting, not sure why this specific one was in her visions or why it's eyes seemed so familiar.

She didn't have time to over analyze, because the security alarm suddenly went off.

|