Ch. 5 I.E.D.

ASSASSIN
[4×05]

NOW THAT THEY KNEW THAT ALL THEIR HEADS WERE ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK, THEY WENT TO WORK. Stiles was in detective mode, and getting help from his father. Scott was trying to help, not that he was really the best investigator.

While they worked on that, all the girls spent the weekend at the lake house. Lydia spent basically the whole weekend listening to static from an old record player, but never seemed to be getting anywhere. Ayla wasn't even sure if the girl had slept over the past two days.

The four girls were all just watching the strawberry blonde, waiting for something to happen. The other three suddenly turned to Ayla and she sighed. "Okay, Lyds. I think that's enough," she decided, standing up. Lydia didn't respond. Kira turned off the record player, while Ayla bent down and pulled her best friend onto her feet. "We'll come back after dinner," Ayla assured her, dragging her out of the room.

|

While the teenagers would much rather look into why all their names were on a deadpool, they still had to attend school. Not to mention that Ayla was trying to help her boyfriend with the new beta in the pack.

Given that this was the first new werewolf in the pack since Scott became alpha, he of course went to a former alpha for advice. Ayla stood in the locker room with her uncle, having checked Liam's schedule to know that he would be coming in there soon.

She heard his footsteps coming down the hall, and glanced at her uncle. "Here he comes," she muttered. Derek frowned, but tried to hide his confusion about not being able to hear Liam approaching from his niece.

He picked up one of the lacrosse sticks, dragging it across the ground as he walked over to stand across from Liam. "This yours?" he asked, before snapping the stick in half.

The beta growled, his eyes beginning to glow. He ran towards the oldest Hale, only for Derek to grab him by the throat and slam him against the lockers. This time Ayla did notice that something was off with her uncle. His face gave away the fact that he was struggling a little to keep the beta still.

"Liam," Scott called, walking in. Ayla walked over to the beta with him. Liam looked at the two of them, letting his eyes return to normal as he calmed down.

"You're right. He is angry," Derek told the alpha, before dropping Liam onto the floor. The beta landed on his feet glaring at all three of them.

"This one's yours," Scott told him, tossing him his actual lacrosse stick.

Liam caught it, before turning to glare at Derek again. Ayla rolled her eyes at him as she heard the bell ringing. "Get to class, Liam," Scott told him.

The beta glanced at him, before giving Derek another glare. "Come on, move your ass," Ayla said, shooing him away. He turned to glare at her as well, but she just smiled back at him. He walked off, leaving the three older werewolves standing together.

Scott gave a sigh, and Ayla reached over to take her boyfriend's hand. The gesture didn't go unnoticed by her uncle. While Ayla wouldn't talk about much from the past four months, he had already heard about his niece's breakup from Piper. How the human girl got his phone number, he had no idea. But she had given him a run down of the past few months, from Ayla pushing everyone away to her working with everyone in Mexico.