His Hopeful Words 😍

When I joined this organization, I never expected the recognition I have received till date. I shall always remain thankful for this. You are all enthusiastic, young minds. I will just suggest you to focus on your work and have a successful career ahead. This organization has taught me a lot and I am sure you will also learn here. I will miss this building and my cabin but more than that, I will miss you all. Thank you.

Mr. V.K Sinha was nostalgic when he gave his farewell speech. Tears brimmed into his glossy eyes while each of his subordinates offered him with memorable gifts, mementos and took his blessings. He was the most righteous official in the forex department of Federal Bank of India.

His farewell function was organized in the recreation centre on the first floor of the building. The recreation centre was elegantly decorated with black and golden balloons with a banner, “We all will miss you”. It was surely one of the liveliest retirement parties, but a humble and eminent official like Mr. Sinha deserved it. A national level badminton player at his times and a scholar in Economics, Mr. Sinha was someone who started as a clerk forty years but he never forgot his roots as he climbed the stairs of success.

Neha had been working with Mr. Sinha since last year when she was posted in Delhi and he had not only taught her the nitty-gritty of her job but had also encouraged her to work harder than ever. He was indeed, a good leader and she was also going to miss him. Her eyes were glossy which did not go unnoticed by Arjun who was keenly watching the people from his department.

Forex department had twenty-five people that were led by the Senior Manager. Arjun had responsibility of his department and it was all new to him. He was anxious because he was recently promoted to the post of manager. He noticed the clerks laughing and enjoying the snacks that were served in the party without care of the world. The junior managers were attentively listening to Mr. Sinha while few social bees of his department were coaxing the old man for selfies however, amidst this crowd was an elegant woman clad in a pink sari who was actually feeling sad upon the retirement of Mr. Sinha.

Arjun smiled involuntarily at her elegance and diligence when Mr. Sinha called him for a group photograph. Being new to the department, he was keenly observing his colleagues and making strategies on how he could keep the standards of the forex department high after Mr. Sinha left. He did not know whom to trust and whom to judge but all he knew was, he wanted to earn respect like Mr. Sinha three years down the line when he would be transferred to another branch.

Arjun sat beside Mr. Sinha and the group photo of the department was clicked by one of the members of recreation centre. Later everyone dispersed for the lunch while Arjun asked Mr. Sinha, “Sir, would you mind giving me tips to manage everything?”, like a humble disciple.

The old man smiled as he told him, “Mr. Verma, a good leader doesn’t hesitate to take help from his subordinates. Give your best, I know you will manage things perfectly.”

Mr. Sinha had lunch with the staff. The farewell buffet was arranged for all in the other hall. It was a treat from the side of the old officer who was retiring today. Everyone was enjoying the lunch at one in afternoon but Arjun's dark brown eyes searched for the figure clad in pink sari who was nowhere to be found.

Neha, on the other hand, had walked with everyone towards the buffet area when her phone had rung and she was bound to pick the call. It was her mother calling. Neha had told her mother several times that she should not call her during the working hours but her mother usually called her in her lunch hour. She moved out of the hall and stood at the terrace under the canopy of banyan tree that protected her from the scorching heat of the sun.

Ma, how are you?”, Neha asked after greeting her mother only to hear a sigh.

“How can I be fine when my daughter is such a disgrace?”, taunted Anju from the other side. Anju had gone through a series of arguments with her husband and hence, Neha was supposed to bear the wrath of her mother.